. 4 3 .

Recovery Girl smacked Danny on his head a good couple of times, but otherwise treated him and sent him off with some bandages and a stern warning to not be stupid again. In general. Sam seconded the motion with great conviction and managed to get Tucker to help her drag Danny back to their apartment instead of going off to talk to Hatsume. "We'll do that tomorrow morning before we leave," Sam had said, and Danny had had no choice but to let his friends prod at him to keep walking.

"I can't believe you did that," Sam said as they walked up the stairs. "The day before the mission as well. Any chance you can get this to heal before tomorrow?"

Tucker patted Sam's shoulder as she pushed open the door to the gallery. The setting sun reflected in the glass and he squinted as he blindly followed her. "We'll be fine, Sam. I'm sure of it."

"Somehow that doesn't help if you say it."

Tucker stuck out his tongue and walked backward in front of Danny and Sam along the gallery. "If a mere statement won't cut it, a speech might be sufficient!"

"Tucker stop, you sound like Iida," Danny laughed.

"Ah! I believe we have a skeptic in our midst! Fear not, student, for I shall tell you just what our plan is! I, Tenya Iida, have a perfect solution for our situation! For every situation! You might not like it, but you must always do your best and try to succeed in your mission! And if you fail, you must take the opportunity and learn from your mistakes, so you can prevent them from happening again! Don't fear failure, for a second chance is not far away!"

He turned to see both Danny and Sam had stopped walking and were now staring at him. "What? Is there something on my face?"

Sam grinned and shrugged as she brushed past him. "Yeah. Your wise words just surprised us. Didn't know you had it in you."

"Oh, har-dy-har, Manson. I have plenty of good ideas. Like going intangible when there's--"

Danny groaned, "Why will you guys not let that die? We still doing that joke?"

"We can roast you for being dumb, or we can roast Sam for losing to me in that match," Tucker grinned. "Your pick, Danny."

"So that's why you were looking ready to explode why you came in, huh?" Danny poked at Sam's side. "You lost."

"Not that I need defending, but, in my own defense, I would like to mention Tucker both played dirty and did some very stupid things himself, like falling off his own plateau and tripping over his own feet. Also--"

"Says the person who got smacked from behind."

"Well you forgot about my flytraps and were about to walk into one when--"

"Can we get back to roasting Danny now?"

Bakugou wasn't jealous.

He was not.

Of Sero and Kaminari hanging out with new people, of Mina and Kirishima making new friends. Of Jirou and Tokoyami who got along like a house on fire with Sam. Of the girl from the support department barging into the cafeteria and yelling some obscure reference at Tucker. Of Deku improving so much it scared him.