The Rules of the House: Shadows

Stella POV

Waking up, I smell the familiar scent of spring soap. I was trying to figure out why I was smelling that scent after all this time. I felt the chest that I was using as a pillow vibrate. Owen chuckled at me as I was trying to get out of his grasp. "Easy darling, you have to take it easy for the next couple of days. I don't want to have you hurting more than needed." Where are the rest? I signed to him when I was able to turn to face him. "Downstairs in the living room" What are you doing here alone? What else is needing to be discussed now? I asked him. "I needed to hold you, darling. The rules of the house are left to be talked about. Can we talk later today?" I nodded at him.  There is something I need to tell all of you later anyway I signed to Owen. I wanted to go downstairs to check on the rest of them myself. I didn't want to admit this but I need their hugs and their assured words that everything was going to be okay. This job was hitting me harder than I thought it would. While I was unconscious, I had flashbacks of when I was younger and alone with Edmin. I was scared that once they the full extent of my scars that they push me away. Needed to stand up, I felt for the edge of the bed, once found I hung my feet over the edge. Slowly I moved off the bed to stand on my two feet. Once I was stable, I felt one of my three wolfdogs who were also my guide dogs. When did they get back from their training sessions? What time is it? I asked the man in question. "It's 9:00, darling. Also, they come into the house at about 5:00." Owen responded to me. Nodding my thanks, I walked to my door and headed to the stairs. Whisper was on my right side while Spirit was on my left side. Behind me was Nova. By the time I was on the last step, I heard voices coming from the living room. When I was sure I was visible from the doorway, I heard the room go silent. What is going on now? What do I need to share now? I signed in greek sign language to my home base, the Shadows. They are always going to be my home base and my first family. Turning to everyone else, I signed in the ASL Where does leave everyone now? What needs to happen so that we can end these sons of bitches? Marc let loose a chuckle at my words before saying in a solemn voice. "We need to come to some compromises because while we understand why you all did what you did. That can't happen again without some warning in advance. The warning may be minutes before you leave or a note. We worry about you, Stella. I don't like seeing you hurt." Agrees come from everyone, and I silently cursed myself in my head that they didn't find the note I left. Okay, I agree that was stupid of us. Sorry for causing more worry than normal for you all, I replied. Kota moved from where he was. I was trying to track him down by his scent until I felt his hands on my arms. "Please don't do that again. Besides, it would do all some good to get to know one another" Okay I signed back. Then I was overpowered by his scent as he gently wrapped his arms around me. I felt my tense up then relax.

Kota POV

I noticed that she tensed up real quick when I moved to hug her but she relaxed as I slowly moved my arms around her. It felt good to have her in my arms again. My ten was here alive and warm. I frowned when I moved my hand along her back and it wasn't smooth. Something had happened to her and I couldn't protect her. Moving my face to her ear, I whispered to her. "I missed you and I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you, ten." She released me to sign You idiot, you can't put me in a bubble. Don't start using my scars as a reason to guilt-trip yourself. You and I don't need to be though that. I missed all you more then you realize. The reason why I didn't come back sooner was that I was afraid of all of your reactions. Gently letting her out of my arms, I grabbed her hand and lead her to the couch between Owen and Nathan. I sat down and pulled her into my lap. She hid her face in my chest as Nathan put his hand on her back. Soft growling was heard as I looked up at three wolfdogs staring at me. Luka whispered a tune that made them stop growling. They lay downed near us when Owen asked: "Whose dogs are these?" Elias responds with "These three are Stella's guide dogs and guard dogs." Remembering what she signed to me, I said to her "Silly girl, we wouldn't push you away at all. You're too important to us. You have all of our hearts because of no one ever compared to you. We love you no matter if you are disabled or not. We are never going to give up on you, not now or ever." Corey spoke up "If you didn't know this already, sunshine. We all love you too." I felt the girl I love suddenly freeze in my arms. Ten pulled back to look over in the Toma team direction and then was out of my arms before I could grab her. She rushed out of the room with her guide dogs. Owen sighed before asking "Is there anything we need to know?" "There is, the rules of this home" came from Tom. Luka and Elias went over the rules as quickly as they could. Once they said that was all, I jumped up to get to Stella. I was wanting answers but was scared that she was going to push us away. Rushing to the second floor, I went to the door that I haven't open to find Ten curled up on a bench looking out the window. I counted all fourteen of us as I closed the door gently. Victor stopped when he was a few feet away from her. That was when she turned to look at us. I was shocked when I saw her eyes. They were still gorgeous as she was but they were different.

Gabriel POV

What the ever-loving hell happen to her eyes? Who the fuck hurt my Trouble? Her left eye was a myriad of shades of green. The right eye was a myriad of blues, along with a straight scar above and below her eye. My heart started to break for her even more than when I found out that she was blind and mute. Why the hell does the best thing in this fucking world has to bear the pain that she shouldn't have to bare? "Trouble, you fucking are gorgeous, but who the hell hurt you?" I asked her. She signed and Mr.B spoke her message for those who have yet to learn ASL. "The Korean ring was the reason why I lost my vision and voice. The explosion at the concert caused me to lose my vision. I was told that my eyes were the same until the second time they got their hands on me. The trauma they did the area must be the reason why they are now. One of the leaders had great joy when they piece my voice with a hot piece of metal destroying it. For that, I will admit that I killed the bastard as he tried to take away my hearing. My biggest wish that I could do is to see all of you. Not just to hear your voices and smell your scents." North looked like he was going to punch the wall when all was said. Silas calmed him down before he did so. "Princess, why haven't you use touch to see us then?" As she signed, Doc spoke "For me, that's disrespectful to go touch you in that manner without your permission. I refuse to become that person that does things without asking first if I can help it." "Pookie, you have free permission to touch me as you need to," Doc said to her. Turning her head back to the window, Trouble was too still for my liking. She just was still, not joking or teasing anyone. North spoke in the softest voice I have ever heard from him,  "Baby, talk to us. We're worried about you. What's going through your head?" North stepped to her side grabbing her hand as she turned her face to him. She was not happy about something as she signed a mile a minute at him. The greek giant went to North's aid. "Aggele, he doesn't know sign language. Can you please repeat that to someone here who knows it?" Thankfully she did sign to all of us but none of us understood what she was signing either. The door open and then a voice spoke "Stop signing in greek sign language, Ahi. they don't know what you are saying. Also why the hell are you chewing them out for? What did they do now? Is it based on the shit that happened within the last five years? If so, stop it. You were damn hard to find. There is something you need to know but I'm not telling you until you calm down." I finally recognized Grayson's voice as he was absent from the meeting. Where was the fucker when all of this went down this morning?