Luna shot daggers at him with her fiery red eyes. "Yes, I did, Joel."

She was right; she had. But that didn't matter...Amber was not going.

"Oh my goodness. Just keep her here. I'll be right back," Joel told Luna with a roll of his eyes.

Luna was clearly about to speak, but Joel was gone in a flash.

She turned back to Amber, who yelped in fright instantly even though Luna didn't do anything.

Amber wondered what Joel was up to as Luna gripped Amber's hair tighter to push her down to sit on the step.

"Stay!" She snapped as if Amber was a dog.

Amber stared up at Luna through her watery eyes and after a moment, Luna seemed to gain her trust and let go of her hair.

When Amber stayed put, Luna let out a sigh and pinched the tip of her nose. "Did you and your father go through this every time you had a doctors' appointment?"

"Don't bring him into this!" Amber hissed up at her, so angry she swore she probably had one of those flames atop of her head that characters in animations got over their head when they were mad.

Everything became a blur and she cried out as Luna's palm met with Amber's cheek. Amber heard the sound from the slap ripple through the house before she blinked and looked up at Luna. she found her to be red in the face with anger.

The two of them did not get anywhere else, though, as Joel turned the corner.

Amber was about to speak up to him, but instead let out a whine as she found a woman to be walking right behind him, dressed in your typical nurse's outfit.

Amber had the urge to burst back up the stairs, but one look at Luna told her that if she did, she'd be dead.

"If you can't go to the nurse, I'll bring the nurse to you," Joel said sweetly.

Amber debated on whether this was sarcasm or not before the nurse kneeled down in front of her.

"Hi Amber," she said, with a soft and calming voice. Amber knew Joel had most likely warned her to be gentle with her and she was appreciative for that.

The nurse's hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail, with her blond bangs let free. Her white nurse's dress was shorter than they usually were in clear efforts to be more attractive. In Amber's opinion, it worked.

When Amber didn't say anything, the woman held out her hand. "I'm Gabriela."

Amber took her hand and shook it, staying quiet since she already knew her own name.

Gabriel offered her a smile as she set a soft hand on Amber's knee. "Now Joel, here, has told me what's wrong, and I'd like to help you. Will you let me?"

Amber felt like she was being talked to like a child, but knew it was for her own good.

After hesitation, Amber nodded.

"So clearly there is something bad in your system, Amber. I would like to help you figure out what that might be. Can you stand up for me?"

Amber slowly looked up to Joel and Luna to see what their reactions on this might be. Joel was leaning against the rail of the staircase and watching closely as Luna stood with her arms crossed, staring right at Amber.

Intimidated by Luna, Amber slowly stood to her feet.

"Good, good," Gabriela chirped as she stood with her. "Now, I need you to spread your arms out for me," Gabriela said as she guided Amber's arms so they were slightly stretched outward. "Perfect."

Amber was beginning to wonder what she was going to do, when suddenly large red beams shot out from her eyes. The beams aimed directly on Amber's stomach and she let out a scream in fright. Nothing had hurt her, she was just terrified. She ran up several of the stairs before plopping onto one and curling up there.

The beams disappeared and Luna began to march up to Amber. "Amber! She's not going to hurt you."

Gabriela looked up at her with a worried expression as Luna grabbed her arm and pulled Amber back down in front of the nurse.

"Then what were those...beams?" Amber questioned, eyeing Gabriela as she stood in front of her.

"They look inside of you and find the problem so I know what to do to fix it," Gabriel told her. "They won't harm you. I promise."

"Do it again," Luna ordered as she held onto Amber's arms.

Amber slowly moved the other one and watched with wide eyes as Gabriel repeated the same process from before. The red beams scanned Amber's stomach, moving up and down until they flashed away.

Amber watched as Gabriela's eyes flashed a dark navy. She even saw words running across her eyeballs.

"Ah..." She said before her eyes faded back to normal. "It looks like someone has drugged you, Amber."