Avatia giggled and pulled her grandmother into a big hug. "No, nonna, its not your meds and you weren't dreaming. I actually lost my memory. Thank goodness I've regained it again."

Just then, she heard her mother's voice. "Mama is everything alright? You've been at the door for minutes now. Who's there?"

Nonna was so excited. "Hurry up Gracie, Ava is here. And there's good news."

Grace showed up at the door, she was eager to see Avatia and apologize for keeping her in Texas, but when she saw Dreidan, her mood changed. She averted her gaze to him. "What are you doing here? I already told you to stay away from my daughter, didn't i?"

Before Dreidan could talk, Nonna stepped in. "C'mon Gracie dear, leave the poor guy alone for now and interrogate him later. The food's gonna get cold."

Grace was tempted to shut her mother up, but knew she couldn't. She grunted and walked into the house without even hugging Avatia as planned.

Nonna smiled at the trio standing before her. Dreidan who was holding the cheesecake and bagels handed lifted it up and smiled at Nonna. "Forgive me for showing up at your doorstep unannounced, ma'am. And here, we got some additional food."

Ohhh, Nonna blushed at the young man's charisma and accent. He was too damn cute and she wished she was still young and had the charms to win his heart. She giggled at her own silly thoughts, for crying out loud, the guy was clearly 40 or something years younger than her. She took the basket from him and smiled. "Ohh sweet boy, its fine. You can show up unannounced at any time. And thank you for this."

Draya who noticed Nonna's reaction towards Dreidan found it hard not to laugh. Everyone could trip for the guy's hot looks. Avatia too had noticed and pinched Draya and they both burst out laughing. Nonna blushed even more in embarrassment and led the way in. Avatia turned to Dreidan. "There's no denying it, my grandmother is sooo... into you, Mr. Black." She said with a giggle.

Dreidan raised his eyebrows with a handsome smirk on his lips. "Thats the effect i have on them ladies, including the mamas and grandma's. But sorry for Nonna, I'm not into her, I'm into the second mini version of her." He said, deepening his accent and causing the girls to laugh as they all walked in.

Grace was already seated at the table which could only contain four seats. Clearly, there was place just for four people and Dreidan was not included. "There's place for just four people." Grace said looking Dreidan in the eye.

When Draya saw this, she knew she had to come up with something. She pretended to have received a message. "Ohhh shoot, my dad just texted. He wants me to go get some files from home and take them to his office."

"Can't it wait till after breakfast?" Grace asked with a frown.

"Yeah, can't it wait?" Avatia asked too.

Draya shook her head. "No it can't. You know how my dad is." She said kissing Avatia on the cheek and said her goodbye to everyone and left.

Nonna smiled at Dreidan. "Now there's four of us. Perfect for the table. Sit down sweetheart." She said and pointed at the chair on her left side for Dreidan. He nodded in courtesy and sat down. Avatia sat down on the right side, facing Dreidan, and her mother at the head of the table.

Nonna said the grace before meals and dished out the food for everyone. During this period, Grace was glaring at Dreidan but he kept cool and just looked at her as if she was wasting her time.

"Mommy?" Avatia called and Grace diverted her attention back to her. All this while, Grace did not know Avatia had regained her memory. "Mommy i can remember."

At first, Grace did not understand what her daughter said. "Huh?"

She smiled sheepishly. "I remember everything mom. From back in Ohio till we moved here and every other thing. I really do remember mama."

Tears automatically welled up in Grace's eyes and she stood up. This was the miracle she had been praying for. "You do? You really do?"

Avatia nodded and stood up too. "I do, mommy."

Grace hugged her tightly, all the anger she felt earlier, vanishing automatically. "Thank goodness. How did this happen? This is a miracle. "

Avatia pulled away and looked into her mothers eyes. "It is indeed a miracle mommy. And most of the thanks goes to Dreidan."

Silence filled the room. Grace pulled away and looked from Avatia to Dreidan and back, while Nonna watched the scene, speechless. "What do you mean the thanks goes to Dreidan? He's the guy who made you suffer."

"I know mom, however, he's still the guy who helped me out when doctors couldn't. The least you can do is be grateful." Avatia told her mother blatantly.

Grace suddenly had a headache and sat down. She couldn't believe this. She stared at Dreidan in disbelief. "You?"

Dreidan just stared at her. If the woman was not willing to acknowledge him, then he wouldn't force himself. He pushed his seat back and stood up, looking at Avatia. "I'm going to the mansion. Call me when you're done here, Cheng would come pick you up." He said, then nodded at Nonna and turned to leave. The nerve of Grace! He thought angrily.

Avatia and Nonna were speechless as they watched Dreidan walk away. Avatia was crying silently. They looked at Grace who looked away. Dreidan opened the door and stepped out. He slowly walked to his car, trying to keep his cool. Just when he was about to open the door of his car, he heard Grace's voice. "Wait."

He turned and watched as the woman walked towards him. What he didn't expect was for her to wrap her arms around him in a warm hug. "Thank you. So much."

_______________________________________

So tell me, how was the chapter? Please vote if you loved it😊🙌