Once we arrived, it took me ten minutes of trying to fight a parking spot. Eddie helped look for one and we found one way too far from the school. I parked carefully and turned off the car.

I shoved the keys into my pocket and looked over to Eddie. He cocked his head to the side and he looked like he was examining me. "You're nervous." He said.

"What?" I replied. "No!" Yeah. I am.

He chuckled and leaned over for another kiss. "Don't be. Let's just have fun, okay?" He pulled away and opened his car door, getting out.

I took a deep breath and began getting out of the truck. We met on his side of the car and walked to the school together.

Bev and Ben were right at the door.

"Richie!" Bev came quickly embracing me in a tight hug. "Wow Eddie, Richie you two look amazing!" She was beaming.

She looked gorgeous with a deep crimson bow tying her hair back and a red dress to match. It was tight and a bit short but she looked beautiful. "You do too Bevvy, lucky guy." I nudged Ben and he blushed.

"Let's go have some fun!" Bev shouted and hooped her arm in Eddie's and they walked in front of Ben and I into the school.

"She's stealing my man." I remarked which made Ben chuckled lightly.

We made our way inside and the music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think anymore. That was probably their goal.

The theme was love, which explained the pink and red balloons spread out everywhere as well as the same coloured streamers and lights. If they had hosted a dance for Valentine's Day, it would've looked like this.

I caught up to Bev and Eddie, who had started chatting with Stan, Bill, and Mike.

They sat around a round table and Mike had a strange red looking drink. He offered a sip to Eddie and he nodded. He took a sip and moaned in approval.

"I'm going to go get a drink be right back." Eddie kissed me on the cheek and walked away.

"Get me one!" I shouted to him as he walked away, he threw me a thumbs-up and walked to the drink station.

I sat down around the table with the others and started up a conversation. "Mike, love the suit." He was wearing a white suit that had light accents of shine in it, no tie or bow. "Stan, Bill, I see you've decided too match, love it."

They were both wearing royal blue suits with black ties. Stans had a bit more detail, so they weren't the same but the colours were perfect for them.

"Thank, Rich, I didn't know you had the capability of dressing up." Stanley said and I rolled my eyes.

Eddie POV

"Hey Eddie." I heard a voice from behind me while I was pouring myself a glass of whatever red juice Mike had been drinking.

I turned to see Samuel Cathy, one of the schools most open gays. He's nice, I have him in my art class and we talk sometimes but I don't know much about him.

"You look really nice tonight." He said nervously.

I could tell he was attempting to flirt with me and I felt kind of bad. I knew he hadn't gotten a date for homecoming so I replied with a kind smile but tried to make it at dismissive as possible. "Thank you." I quickly looked back to where my friends were sitting. "Well, gotta go!" I turned on my heel but stopped when Sam spoke up again.

"Did you come with anyone tonight?" He asked hurriedly.

I turned around to face him and I realized he'd gotten closer, he was a both a meter distance from me now. "Yep, my boyfriend." I answered quickly, ready to go back now that I was getting uncomfortable.