[06] Bias Wrecker

"Do you know BTS?"

The question hung in the air as my mind scrambled to think of the appropriate response. Of course I knew BTS, I had just spent hundreds of dollars to stand in the far corner of the same massive stadium as them for a few hours. I battled internally. I could either be cool or I could be honest.

I was never one for dishonesty though.

"I-I," I stumbled over my words. I took a steadying breath, looked him straight in the eyes and nodded. "ARMY." I clarified, touching my chest.

I watched him carefully to see a response, but whatever he thought remained a mystery as his expression barely changed from his steady beautiful smile. "Ahhh..." Is all he said. I thought I saw something like worry in his eyes, but it was gone in an instant. Maybe I was projecting.

I sighed in embarrassment, closed my eyes and leaned back, tipping my head towards the ceiling.

I don't even have my phone to ask for a selfie or a pen for an autograph. If I tell anyone about this insane night, I can hear my friends now; "Pics or it didn't happen!" And maybe this didn't happen. Maybe I'm asleep in my bed right now and this is all just an elaborate, vivid dream.

I grunted in frustration, only to snap my eyes open when I remembered I wasn't alone and for now this vivid dream was my reality, continuing to breath sexily on my neck.

"Min Yoongi." He said, eyes twinkling, offering his hand in an unnecessary introduction.

"Oh I know who you are..." I nervously chuckled, grasping his hand with my shaking one. It didn't occur to me at the time that he may have been trying to solicit my own name in return. I was trying so hard not to let him see me vibrate in excitement. I let go of his hand quickly and looked away.

He chuckled. I felt his shoulder graze mine. Did he just move closer? I looked up at him with wide eyes, hoping I wasn't gravely misinterpreting the situation. He held my gaze, his smile replaced by a more serious expression. His eyes were dancing as he looked deeply into my own.

This can not be happening. Am I dead? Did I even make it off the plane? Is this heaven?

It was far too cold to be heaven, I concluded, looking down at my goose pimpled forearms. I willed myself to look up at him again, meeting his intense gaze with my own.

One thing is for sure, this elevator can stay broken if I get to spend the night looking at his handsome face.

An involuntary shiver ripped through my body again, but this time I knew it had nothing to do with the temperature. This man was wrecking my bias list beyond repair. Poor Hobi. Yoongi's brow furrowed in concern, but before he could do anything the elevator lurched itself down a floor without warning.

"I take it back!" I squeaked in fear and grabbed his hand unintentionally. The elevator stilled as quickly as it moved. I did NOT want to die in a freak elevator accident tonight, no matter how handsome his stupid face was.

My eyes were squeezed shut, face pointed up at the ceiling. I was back to breathing deeply to calm myself. I had been using my breathing exercises way more than usual tonight, to mixed results, and I was starting to feel dizzy. My chest was heaving.

After a few minutes I began to calm down, becoming aware of the warmth still entwined with my hand. I was afraid to open my eyes and break this moment. When I felt his hand pull away I mentally kicked myself for crossing such an important boundary.

Idols were manhandled by crazy fans all the time and it made my blood boil. Fuck me. I'm no better than a sasaeng, taking advantage of his kindness and forced proximity.

An arm slid around my shoulders and interrupted my spiralling self doubt. I opened my eyes to see his own looking down at me with deep concern.

"You okay?" He asked softly. His arm wrapped around me firmly in comfort.

"Yes." I whispered, face on fire.

"Good." He responded and leaned back against the wall, facing the elevator doors. It wasn't lost on me that his arm didn't move.

Will my obituary tomorrow say that I died in a freak accident or cardiac arrest?

Just One Day│MYG ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara