They made me sick, and they had better hope on their lives that I never come across them. If I did, I wouldn’t be responsible for my actions and my wolf agreed fully.

“Holly,” I sang but still got no response.

I decided to tickle her, my fingers working her sides making her fidget before she was lightly slapping my away all without opening her eyes.

“Holly, wake up” I grinned. She reminded me of a cat who didn’t want to be roused, stretching out her body while making light protests.

“Go away” she mumbled causing my grin to only widen.

“I just need to ask you something, then you can go back to sleep if you want” I promised her, internally hoping that she would want to stay by my side. Call me clingy or selfish and I would fully agree with you. But, I wanted my mate!

This seemed to satisfy her, her body pausing mid-stretch before she rolled over onto her back and opened her bright amber eyes to look at me through a sleepy gaze. 

“What?”

“I have to go see the brats in an hour or two, you can sleep some more or come?” I offered, my legs stretched out in front of me as I stared down at her still half dazed form.

I watched her frown. “You really shouldn’t call them that” she scolded almost playfully. I shrugged.

“I give them respect when they give it to me. It goes both ways you know” I winked, seeing her roll her eyes which pleased me a hell of a lot. To know that she was getting more and more comfortable in her new and permanent home was just….it was amazing. It made being her mate all the more special to me.

“Just mind you don’t say that in front of their mum” she continued to frown as she pulled herself upright.

“I already have,” I admitted.

“When?”

“When she came around accusing me of hurting them,” I scoffed. “They wouldn’t know hurt if it bit them in the arse.”

“When did she come around?” Holly asked confused.

“You were still sleeping,” I thought back. “It was a short visit, nothing too lengthy.”

“Oh.”

“So what do you want to do? It’s up to you” I told her, pulling myself upright before moving to my wardrobe to pull a shirt over my head. I smirked when I saw her frown at my action from the corner of my eye, a flush on her features as her gaze seemed to rake over my shiftless form before the fabric covered my skin from her greedy little eyes.

I loved it when she done that!

She seemed to think it over for a few minutes before holding out her hands, hinting at me to pull her up. I grinned.

“I’ll come if that’s alright?” she asked nervously, my nodding instant.

“Oh thank god” I murmured, pulling her against me as I nuzzled my face in her neck. I didn’t know what I would have done if she had wanted to stay. Mope most probably. Be in an even grumpier mood, most definitely.

“I don’t like being away from you,” I heard her mutter, almost to herself. “You make me feel safe.”

I didn’t think she realised just how much it pulled at my heart strings when she spoke in sentences like that one. How was it possible that she put so much love, so much adoration and hope, into her tone?

“I love you” I told her, realising that I hadn’t actually said it enough. I frowned at the thought; she needed to hear it daily as far as I was concerned.

It was quite for a few moments I felt my breath catch in my throat. I was just about to tell her that she didn’t have to say it back, that it wasn’t necessary since I loved her all the same, when she cut me off before I could.

“I…I love you too” she murmured in that soft tone of hers.

I felt my whole face light up at her words, my arms tightening around her much smaller form as I pulled her close.

“I love you” I repeated in a grin.

Hearing her giggle I bent down to press my lips against her own, lowering her so her back was against the sheets of my bed as I hovered over her.

Making sure that I didn’t put too much weight on her delicate little body I rested my elbows either side of her head, my lips moving against hers in a rhythmic manner. Even so I couldn’t help but grin; even if I tried to I couldn’t wipe it from my lips.

“Make love to me” I heard her murmur against my lips as her arms wrapped around my neck, her fingers playing with the hair on the nape of my neck.

With that request I knew everything in my life was perfect. She was perfect. I had certainly been blessed by the mating spirits that was for sure.

(I know it’s short but it seemed like a good ending point. To make up to you the next chapter will be up next week, or sooner depending on how quickly I can get it finished)