2. The Magic of Programming: Enchantment

Scouting Groups were considered clubs at Lakewood Public. This was K.O.'s first meeting at Solo Hero Scouts. After being egged on by the Sidekick Scouts Scoutmaster and then his Mommy, he relented and joined in.

The first thing he realized was that he was the only 6-11-Year-Old in Solo Hero Scouts.

He got a lot of looks and murmurs from the teens in there, wondering if this little boy walked in there by mistake.

"You lost, kid?" K.O. turned to the voice.

TRIVIAa bookish hero with love for the unusual truth. A sort of prism-spotted humanoid.

"No no, it's just my first day here in Solo Hero Scouts."

A good lot of the teens laughed.

Trivia did not, "Ooh, that's a first! You must be really exceptional to get into Solo Hero Scouts at such a young age."

"Or his head's gettin' too big!"

"Hey, don't be rude, Umbrella Brock!" Trivia defended, "He's just a kid,"

"Exactly!" He retorted in reply, off-screen.

Trivia sighed. "Don't mind him, buddy. Mr. Hydrawl should be here any minute."

"Oh, okay," K.O. nodded.

"You can sit next to me if you like,"

"Thanks, um—"

"Trivia. And you?"

"K.O.,"

"Nice to meet ya!"

K.O. chuckled, thinking this would be a good meeting.

———

Dendy was browsing through her hackpack's stored documents—she had her to-do list ready for when she and K.O. start working on the project.

As the door to Solo Hero Scouts opened, she gave way to the stampede of students that went out the small door.

Trailing behind them all was K.O., hair disheveled within his headband and silent in his exit.

"How was Solo Hero Scouts, K.O.?" The question made the boy jump.

"Oh!" He shut the door behind him. "Maybe we can talk about it when we get to your place?"

"If it makes you most comfortable, then so be it," she smiled as the two of them headed for the school doors.

"What club did you say you were in, Dendy?"

"Computer Cuties Camp," She replied. "It disappoints me that there are very few heroes who enlist themselves there."

"Are you sure you didn't accidentally sign up into a villain's club, Dendy?"

"I am sure, K.O. Although the only other hero there is from the 13-17 A-Class."

"Ah," He opened the doors for themselves, waiting outside for their ride to Dendy's place. Other children were there waiting for their ride home.

"Is it fair that we divide the work, K.O.? I can focus on Enchantment while you can focus on Enhancement."

"This is a research project, right Dendy?"

"Yes, as well as a heritage report. Did you not listen to Miss Quantum when she announced it?"

"I think I was in the restroom."

"Well, I'm sure we won't have to worry. Kappas have a history of using charms and enchantments. I assume your father has familiarity with enhancement-"