47~ Family

The next day... we all sat at the dining room table. Talking.

Not gonna lie, I fucking hated it. All the attention was on me, the topic was me.

Yeah, I get it. They wanna know where I was and everyone that I was with. I get it! But like... why do I gotta be in here, sitting with everyone and talk about it? Can't I just talk to one of the adults, like Uncle Noah? Then he tells everyone what I said?

Apparently not.

Although, at the moment no one was really paying attention to me. Everyone was kinda just talking to each other, over each other.

I wasn't really even sure who was talking to who at this point.

"Everyone shut the hell up!" Dylan suddenly yelled. Every single head in the room turned to him. Even mine.

He looked genuinely pissed off.

Oh shit... I know what he's doing.

No... Dylan, maybe he forgot about the whole gunshot and he is just-

"Watch your language." My dad sternly said to him. Of course it wasn't my mother who spoke up, because Dylan's perfect.

"What's the matter, Dyl?" Uncle Darren asked.

"Blair has something she wants to tell us." He said. Not hesitant whatsoever.

Shit... Dylan I swear to the god that doesn't exist I'm gonna rip your-

"Blair? Do you have something you want to say?" My mother looked me dead in the eye and asked.

I glanced at Dylan who was giving me the 'say it or I will' look.

I clenched my jaw,

"Uh, yeah."

Everyone looked at me. How do I even start to tell them this...

"Go ahead." Aunt Lilli said reassuringly.

I took a deep breath,

"There was sorta... a mishap. I got hurt-but like not badly-okay kinda badly, but I'm okay now and that's all that matters. I wasn't the only one who got hurt either. But we're all okay. Yeah."

I rambled so much I don't think anyone could really follow what I was saying.

"You got hurt?" Uncle Kyle questioned me.

"How badly?" Lynne cut in before I could answer.

"Yeah-uh-I'm healed now." I stated.

Everyone looked at me with a look in their eyes, a confused look in their eyes.

"Blair." Dylan said,

"What was the injury?"

"What the hell is going on? Dylan do you know?" My dad cut in.

"Yeah, I do know. But it's best if it comes out of Blair's mouth." He replied quite angrily.

"Blair, talk." My dad stated while pointing at me.

"We could just get Dylan to say it, so then it won't be as much of a struggle or hassle." My mother said.

"I was shot." I said loud and clear... I said it loud and clear.

Everyone froze.

"What the hell did you do to get yourself shot?" My mother questioned with a bitchy tone.

I had it.

I stood up quickly, my chair screeching as I did so,

"Because everything is my fault, right? Meeting the Pythons, running away with them, getting hurt with them, healing with them, and having the time of my life with them! It's all my fucking fault that you guys didn't consider moving before starting a family in the same area where gang feuds lay! It's all my fault. Go ahead, blame it on me. I got shot because I'm now involved, and the only reason I didn't die right then and there is because I had my gang. They're the reason I'm not dead. You guys are the reason that I would be."