Chapter 10- The Challenge

• Dedicated to All of my readers

Chapter 10

Minori’s pov

"Hey, is it true ? Is what Cheonwu saying really true ? Are you really gonna marry another woman ?" I shouted as I dashed into the room, desperate for him to deny those claims.

Yet, the sight that greeted my eyes as I burst into the room dashed any hope that I had for those claims to be false.

He lay above her, with one hand holding both of hers above her head, his lips locked with hers in a passionate make out session.

Upon hearing my voice , he quickly scrambled off her.

My heart started to crack as I realised just how foolish I was to have thought otherwise previously .

With tears streaming down my face and me clutching onto my chest in an attempt to stop the pain that emitted from my heart, I ran out of the room, desperate to escape from him, the source of my heartache.

Yet, five seconds later, he caught up with me.

"Miya, it's not what it seems, I-"

" There is no need for an explanation. It's perfectly normal isn't it for one to kiss his fiancée. But I can't believe you would actually do this to me. I can't believe Cheonwu was actually right.Is this what you call respecting me ?I have already told you many times that I'm not like the other women around here and yet you expect me to allow you to marry another woman and make me your secondary wife ?" I said, clenching my fists so as to prevent myself from wailing out loud in sorrow.

"Miya, I'm sorry, but I really need her help.You of all people should know what I'm aiming for and how much help she would be able to bring me if I marry her. And even if she did not appear, it would be impossible for me to have you as my primary and only wife . The difference between the position of the two of us is just too big. Stop crying ok ? I promise  you the position of my secondary wife, and I promise you that you'll be the only one I love even after my marriage with her." He finished before trying to pull  me into an embrace.

But I pulled away before he could succeed.

" I just have one question left for you then. Between the position as king and me, who would you choose ? " I asked coldly as I stared at  the man whom I thought loved me.

"I..I.." He stuttered, unable to answer the question.

But I knew the answer that he was unable to say.

And that was the moment my heart shattered into a million pieces. I realised how right he truly was.

He and I were from two different worlds, and it was time for me to go back to my own…

“Uncle, how can you allow Kame to marry somebody else other than me? You promised me to Kame two years back , don’t you remember ?” the high pitched voice repeated again, bringing me out of the strange memory that gave me a strange pang of heartache.

Who was that guy in the memory that gave me such a strange feeling of sadness ? And why can’t I remember or see his face in that memory despite how sad I felt because of him ? And why was I addressed as Miya ? I wondered silently as I turned my head to look at the owner of the high-pitched voice.

“ You… you…It’s you again. He didn’t marry me two years ago because of you and your leaving. But why are you back again, you vixen!” She exclaimed in her piercing voice incredulously.

“I’m sorry , but I don’t quite understand what you are saying. What happened two years ago ? Who is the he in question?” I asked in what I hoped was a calm voice .