Chapter 4 - The Deal

Chapter 4 –The deal

Minori’s POV

Where am I ? What on earth is going on ?How did I get here in the first place? Did I travel to another place or another time again ?These were the thoughts that ran through my head as I realised that I was in a place that was totally different from where I was last night.

Suddenly , a melodious and soothing sound rang through the air, and for certain reasons , I recognized the sound as one produced by a zither.

Trying to find the origin of the sound produced by the zither despite  the hazy fog that was hiding the surrounding and giving the place a mysterious feel , I turned around , only to find myself looking at the back view of a lady .

Yet , I could tell immediately that the owner of the back view was a very beautiful lady . Clad in a demure , pastel pink long sleeved top with a long flowing skirt of a similar colour, I recognized her outfit to be one that belonged to the Qing dynasty .Her long elegant fingers flew across the strings of the zither expertly ,the music produced was  soft and beautiful , just like the musician who produced the sound.

Suddenly , the music stopped, her long fingers stopped in their tracks .

“You came. You are finally back Minori .”

Why does her voice sound so familiar ? So much so that it actually sounded like my own ?

I got my answer immediately when the lady turned around. The face staring back at me was one that had been with me for the past eighteen years , or rather , the face of a younger me.

At first , I thought that it could have been just a girl who looked similar to me , I mean it was not entirely  impossible for people to look alike in this very big world , and especially possible for two people who lived in different time periods. For all that I knew, I could have been her recarntation in the modern times!

But , upon taking a second glance , I saw that scar. That small pale scar near her left eyebrow .The same one that I had at the exact same spot that I got from an accident that I had when I was five. Aren't these too much of a coincident ?

She seemed to have read my mind. As she gave a mysterious  smile that could have meant anything , she said “ This is no coincident . I am you . Or rather , a younger you .”

How is this possible ? What is going on ? Confusion hit me like never before. “No…….!” I screamed with my eyes closed   as I backed away from the younger version of myself who was still smiling mysteriously , only to find myself…

Hitting a cold hard surface on my face. My eyes flew open instantly .Turning around and lying on my back now  , I took in my surroundings once again.

It was a dream.

Relief flooded me as I realised that I was in the bedroom from yesterday . That younger me talking to me ! That must have been a dream of an overactive imagination on my part .

I gave a little chuckle at my idiocy.

“Thank God that was a dream . But Minori , you should have known. Having a younger you talk to you is not possible .You may have time travelled , something that is already very impossible , but that doesn’t mean that such a thing is possible. You are such an idiot.” I said out loud to myself before knocking my head a few times against the pillar.

“My dear , I didn’t know that you are such a noisy person in the morning . I am glad that you are so energetic in the morning , but not everyone is an early bird like you .” A low and seductive masculine voice sounded out from the bed which I thought I was occupying all by myself before I fell to the floor because of all the struggle that I was making when I was dreaming .The keywords here being  ALL BY MYSELF.