Prologue

Was this how my life was supposed to end ? Did I travel all the way  here, only to die in his hands ?I wondered bitterly.

The ropes that binded my hands to my body tightened painfully as they dragged me along, back to the spot where it had all started.Yet, it was nothing as compared to what my heart was feeling at the moment.

Inch by inch, the maid pushed me closer towards the edge of the well.

Ke Jing rested her head against his shoulders,smiling a cruel smile at me.

I gave a wry smile in return.Just hours ago , that had been my spot .Everything had been perfect.But now...I was about to be pushed into my own death by my very own prince charming and the woman who looked exactly like me.

"What are you still waiting for?Push the imposter into the well !"Ke Jing snapped at the maid.

"There is no need for that, I am willing to go in by myself.But let me say something before I do so." I said in response to her statement, all the while with my eyes glued on him.

He looked at me like that of looking at a stranger , cold ,impassive and not giving any indications of knowing me at all. It was as though all the memories that I had made with him up till yesterday have never existed.

Perhaps thinking that there was nothing more a dying woman can do,Ke Jing gave a silent approval,and the maid left my side.

Willing myself to keep all my tears in , I whispered "Tortoise, do you still remember the promise that you made to the girl on Meadow Hills ? "

Zhi zi zhi shou,yu zi xie lao.That was the promise he made to me,both as Miya and Minori. But I guess , living with our hands held together till we grow old ,and to the end of time is now something that is no longer possible.

Not wanting to see his response ,I turned towards the well and jumped .

It is time to wake up ,Minori .You are not fated to have a future with him.Not as Minori , or Miya. I thought sadly as I descended down the darkness of the well...