Chapter 22- I remember, I remember(part 1)

Chapter 22

Minori's POV

Have you ever lost control of your body?

The kind of painful immobility where you could only lie in comatose, the very kind where you were nothing more than an unwilling spirit trapped within the very confines of the material vessel that is your body.

If you have not, then good for you. Because, it is not a pleasant sensation,and that in itself is an understatement.

The momentary dark oasis that followed my fainting was soon overwhelmed by images that were unwanted and unwelcomed.

Memories and flashes of visions played past my eyes. I was forced to accept whatever it was that came at me, even if I were an unwilling party in this case.

I have never felt more useless or powerless as I did then when those memories were forced down my brain painfully.

I saw everything.

The memories of the past that I lost.

The memories that I so desperately wanted to forget.

And the memories that I so desperately tried to recover.

How ironic it is that the very set of memories that gave me much anguish was also the very set that I seeked to find out in my journey here. In fact, this could have been nothing more than a sick joke that the Gods are playing on me-my pain and suffering for their amusement and entertainment.

Because, logically speaking,what were the odds of time travelling? And to the exact place and time period with the meeting of the exact same people at that!

Perhaps it was my subconsciousness seeking some sort of comfort and solace amidst all the torment of the memories,or maybe it was part of the entire hallucination package.Because for whatever it was, I could feel someone patting my hand gently,with the comfort like that from a loved one.

But then again, it could have been nothing more than a hallucination...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are finally awake. I am glad. Are you finally alright?"

It was the first sentence I heard when I was finally able to pry open my eyes.

Yet, I was not as glad as the owner of the voice.

The melodic low baritone voice that I secretly loved previously now sounded hellish to my ears- it grated on my nerves heavily.

I looked at Kame blankly as I took in my surroundings.

They must have brought me back into my own tent after my fainting episode, I thought silently as I recognised the familiar tiger skin rug that lay comfortably on the ground next to me and the worn out looking version of 'Romance Of The Three Kingdom' that was placed haphazardly on the small table near the bed after my previous reading.

"Miya, are you alright, so you still feel uncomfortable anywhere? Do you need me to bring the Imperial Doctor in? The Imperial Doctor mentioned that the reason for your previous faint was due to overt pressure and the climatic change that you have not gotten accustomed to here in Mongolia." Kame sounded again, bringing my attention back to him.

Bringing my attention back to him,I could not help but let out a small breath of surprise when I took in his appearance.

He looked completely different from the usual Kame I knew of, be it two years ago or the past few weeks that I have spent around him. His usual royal blue blouse was dishevelled and slightly crumpled around his sleeves, as though it has been pushed up his forearms and released back down quite frequently. The usually straight and impeccable black collars now lay open, as the knot that held them together previously was left unknotted.Dark bruises under his eyes stood out prominently, a feat I thought previously impossible given his darker skin complexion.His chocolate brown eyes appeared suspiciously bloodshot, as though the owner of these eyes has not been sleeping well or at all for quite a period of time.