Chapter 26 - The bet

Chapter 26

Minori's POV

At that moment, all was silent. The only sound that was heard at the moment was that of the sound of the competition that was still ongoing behind the background.

The King and Queen's eyes were wide open in shock, bemusement no longer the only thing reflected in their eyes. An indecipherable emotion shone brightly back at us.

Could it be fear that I am reading in their eyes?

Kame also had a dark emotion brewing behind his chocolate brown eyes. But, unlike with the King and Queen, I could easily identify what that emotion was.

It was Anger.

A large smirk grew on Saikhan's face, obviously delighted with my acceptance of her challenge and the thing that I am putting up for the gamble. In fact, I believe she must be "foreseeing" the beautiful future of me losing to her and giving up my position as Kame's principal Wife at the moment.

What an idyllic dream to have.

I scoffed in disdain.

If it was anything to go by, the ugly scorn unbefitting of the role that Trish was playing was a clear signal that I was not the only one who scorned at Saikhan's actions.

"Surely you jest, Ke Jing. You must not be serious over such an immature bet with Saikhan." Cheonwu called out in his mellow voice that was followed by laughter. It was clear that he was trying to play the entire situition down as nothing more than a practical joke.

If there was anyone who was truly worried about me, or would have been at my side in that moment, it would have most definitely been Cheonwu. That, I could say for certain.

For that, I threw him a look of gratitude. Yet, despite knowing of Cheonwu's good intentions, I was not willing to back down. Sometimes enough is enough.

"Using my name as Aisin Gioro Ke Jing , and the status of the Gulun Princess that my Imperial Father gave to me, I am serious about this bet. I will forsake my position willingly, should I lose. No blame will be put on Mongolia for this. I-"

A tight grip on my wrist and the large hand over my lips prevented me from finishing what I was about to say.

"Father, I apologise. Ke Jing must be tipsy from all the wine that she has drunk. Please forgive her insolent words." Kame replied in a hard voice as his grip on my wrist tightened.

How dare he!

As much as I would have love to show him some love from Sebestian, the situation at hand would only turn out the way he wanted it to if a flying Dragon kick even went his way. I would be deemed a drunkard if I did so. Afterall, which sane wife(as they would like to think) would raise her hand against her husband? Especially not if the husband in question is a Prince.

Well, if blatant violence is out of the question, I guess I will just have to resort to something else then.

With that, I stomped down as I could on his foot as I bit down on the paw that still covered my mouth.

Sure enough, the paws over my mouth and wrist removed themselves immediately. Kame looked at me incredulously as his lips turned white from the shock, and hopefully an attempt to control himself because of the pain that I have caused.