Chapter 20-Her breakdown

Chapter 20

Minori's POV

"Oh,and on a side note,our friend Cheonwu here is also like us. He is a time traveller like us as well."

What?

Of all the things that I have expected Trish to say, this was definitely the last thing that was on that list.

How could I have even postulated such a guess?Cheonwu was the last person that I have ever thought possible to be a time traveller!The glossy and long black hair that cascaded down his snow white tunic like an ink black fountain naturally was a hairstyle that I thought was impossible for a modern man to sport.Most men I knew would never be caught in such a hairstyle, given the amount of care and effort that has to be put in to groom the hair.Not forgetting the negative connotations that came with a man having long hair, and the way most men never seemed to be able to look good with long hair without appearing weird or ungroomed,it was hence rather surprising to me that he was willing to even keep such hair.Heck, his hair even looked more well maintained than my own that was constantly full of split ends and its resemblance to dry grass(Trish's words, not mine)!

If he were to ever return to the 21st century with this hair of his and the artistic facial features that seems to be crafted by the very hands of the Creator, I am absolutely sure that he would be scouted and become one of those models on shampoo commercials where people envy them for their unnaturally(and most probably edited)beautiful hair!

And given the way he was able to behave so at home around this place and the comfortable and casual attitude that he had around the parents he had over here,which was completely different from the cautious one I showed with Emperor Kang Xi , and the way he does not appear to belong to any life but this, it really came as a big shock to me.

I mean, would you not miss the life you have back in your own time, as bad as it could have been, if you were suddenly thrust into an unknown time period?Would you not attempt to try and find a way to get back home if given a chance ?

"Close your mouth Minori, you look like a gaping fish with that dumbfounded expression that you have on your face."Trish finished with a chuckle.

I snapped my jaws shut immediately as blood rushed to my cheeks when I heard what she said.

I casually looked over to Cheonwu who was still sitting quietly by the side as I was curious about what his expression would be like when this secret of his was revealed.

It was a rather interesting sight to see, with Cheonwu rolling his eyes and glaring at Trish at the same time.Yet, he remained completely silent throughout,as though he was nothing but a helpless victim who was kept here against his will with all his secrets spilled for the secrets for the world to see.

Yet something in my heart told me that Cheonwu was far from the kind that would be manipulated and kept here against his will so easily.And this meant that he was a willing victim in this case.

"Well, that is an interesting fact to know, but how does that have anything to do with the past that I forgot?" I asked puzzedly as I could not see the connection between the way this piece of information had anything to do with my past.

Unless, he was the illegimate brother that my father never told me about!And that would explain the unexplainable closeness and security that I always felt around him!And it maybe because of him that I came here in the first place!

My eyes started glossing over with tears of happiness as I looked over at Cheonwu.My dream of having an older brother after being a single child for so long is finally coming true!

My brother!

However,my speculations are proven wrong in the next second when Trish started laughing again as she saw the expression I had when looking at Cheonwu.