'Sweater Weather' by The Neighborhood (Michael Clifford Fluff)

Summary: (Y/N) visits Michael in California, and they spend a perfect fall day together.

Based on "100 ways to say I love you" Prompt #12: "Take my jacket, it's cold outside."

(Request: yeehaw-inc) (Words: 1.3k)
--

The raindrops hitting on the windows fill the room with a happy beat. I can't help but smile; the sound of rain paired with Michael's arms around my body, make my heart flutter happily.
For the first time since the academic year started, I feel content and stress-free, like I have left everything in my dorm before leaving for California.
My stomach grumbles, the thought of coffee and my promised pancakes swirling in my mind.
I push the comforter off my body, trying to move away from Michael without waking him up. But his groggy whine reveals I failed, so he pulls me back by my waist and presses his body on mine.
"Why are you moving?" He asks, planting a kiss on the base of my neck. His lips are warm, his breath hitting my skin and making me feel ticklish.
"I wanted to make breakfast. I need warm coffee, it is too cold in Cali..." I protest, reaching my hand down to take his.
"There is time for that... I wanna hold you a little more..." He hums, resting his hand on my hip. I turn around, facing him as he smiles sleepily. I lean in, pressing my lips on his protrusive bottom lip before I snuggle onto him a little more.
"Your skin is so cold..." Michael comments, rubbing his hand down my back to bring me a little extra warm, adding to the heat radiating from his body.
"It's freezing, not my fault..." I reply, nudging my head against his neck. He hums in agreement, fixing the comforter with his free hand.
"Just 10 more minutes of snuggles and we will get up and head for breakfast." He assures me, kissing my forehead.
"You know I can make us breakfast, right? Pancakes will take like, 10 minutes... And coffee is
super easy to make, I'll even teach you." I mock him and he throws me a fake laugh.
"Shut your chattering mouth and enjoy cuddle time..." He orders and I hum, feeling his fingertips press on my hip to keep me close.

It's well past the 10 minutes Michael said we would get up for breakfast, and still, his arms are wrapped around my body, lips pecking on forehead drowsily as his warm breath hits my skin, giving me just a little more comfort as the raindrops hit the window.
"Babe, I am starving... My stomach is grumbling..." I kvetch, my voice breaking at the end and sounding more like a purr than the stern tone I intended to give off.
"Aight... Let's get up." He yawns, trying to get rid of sleepiness while I pull the covers off.
"Hey, can you not be so violent this early in the morning?" He asks, stretching his body as I dangle my feet off the bed to slide them in the slippers at the end of it.
"It is nearly 12." I rub my eyes, picking up my robe to sleep inside it, battle the cold morning.
"Too early..." He chuckles, walking towards me and leaning down and pressing his lips to mine.
"But this is the most beautiful morning I have had in a while." He whispers, stroking my cheek before resting his chin on top of my head.
"Me too. I hated being away from you..." I mumble, wrapping my arms around his torso, nestling up to his body.
"I hated it too, lovebird... Go get ready now, let's go eat up." He whispers, placing one last kiss on my nose.

"I thought that California is warm all year round..." I stare outside the fogged window as Michael drives to the breakfast place.
"Thank God it is not..." Michael sighs thankfully.
"Yeah, but you didn't warn me about it... And I have only packed light clothes." I pout, making him fake-pout as well.
"Well, you are always welcome to swaddle yourself in my hoodies..." He replies, reaching to take my hand in his.
"Aren't you scared that I might steal them all?" I ask, tilting my head to the side and smiling at him, watching the twinkle in his eyes grow at the mention.
"You deserve them all..." He replies happily, stroking his thumb over the top of my knuckles.
He pulls up in a tiny diner, far away from all the hecticness of Los Angeles. The place seems like something out of a movie, with the little neon signs blinking even though it is morning and the contrast is not visible in the daylight.
"Take my jacket, it's cold outside." Michael reaches to the backseat, picking up his leather jacket and placing it on my lap, looking at me as he waits for me to put it on; he looks at me lovingly, truly worrying about me being cold.
"I will be fine." I mumble but he shakes his head no.
"You won't. I'd much rather if you didn't get sick while you are here... Put it on... It will look really good with your outfit..." He places the jacket on my shoulders, tilting my chin up with his fingers and giving me a quick peck.

I moan at the sensation of hot coffee in my mouth, closing my eyes and enjoying the warmth.
"Should I be jealous of your mug?" Michael teases, nudging my shoulder.
"I don't know... Should ya?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at him before I place a kiss on his lips with a big smile on my face.
"Do you like it here?" He asks, draping his arm over my shoulders.
"I love it. It's so quiet..." I reply, leaning to his body and resting my head on his shoulder.
"It's even prettier at night... And nothing beats breakfast at night." He states, lowering his hand on my thigh, letting his palm and fingers feel the material of my jeans.
"Is it bad that I wish my mornings are always like that?" I ask, exhaling frustrated just at the thought of having to go back in a few days.
"No... I have the same wish. And I would give anything to have you here always, literally anything..." He assures me, pressing me more on his body as if he is trying to convince the universe that he is not willing to let me go away.
"Just a few more months... I have to be there for just a few more months. And then I will be here... I promise." I place my hand on top of his, planting a kiss on his neck at the end of each sentence. He hums, leaning his head against mine.
"Can we not talk about sad stuff right now? What do you want to do today?" He asks, bringing the mug to his lips.
"Something Halloweeny. Maybe we could go to a pumpkin patch and pick up pumpkins. I feel like craving today." I clap my hands, already feeling too pumped about the activity.

We walk side by side, Michael's hand resting protectively on my hip. The little farm is filled with people, mostly parents with their babies, who took advantage of the short break of the rain and decided to make the most out of the gloomy day.
"You look a little too good in my leather, baby..." Michael mumbles, stepping in front of me and pulling me into a hug, making me smile as I press my face to his chest.
"How little?" I ask and he hums.
"Scratch that... You look far too good wearing my jacket." He presses his lips on my forehead.
"I think that by the time I leave, you will need a new wardrobe... I look good in almost all of your clothes." I giggle and place my hand on his pec.
"Well, you look even better naked, so... I think I am going to have you naked in bed, for the rest of your stay..." He plants a kiss on my neck, making me cackle and let out a sigh.
"Did I come all this way to be locked up in a house?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at him.
"Nah... Maybe tied down to a bed... We will see." He gives me a cocky smirk before he squeezes my butt, moving to walk on my side.