17. Different...

Hey sweeties...

Sorry for the long wait... I had exams and college stuff... well, here's your chapter...

Hope you like it...

Thank you for your support...

Have fun reading...

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Her breathing was like music to him... subconsciously it made him smile...

*we really have a long way to go... she would really be a nice friend...*

He thought smiling at their convo before sleeping...

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Next morning...

Nandu slowly opened her eyes as she stretched her hands laying on the bed... she looked at her starry ceiling in a daze...

*Surprisingly, I didn't have a night mare this time...*

And this is the first in a long time that she was this peaceful and refreshed...

Nandu: its a good morning... she muttered to herself with a slight smile...

Voice: Indeed, it is a good morning... muttered the voice huskily... hearing this, nandu who was in a daze woke up immediately and sat up...

She quickly glanced her surroundings...

*no one...*

Her hands gripped the sheets tightly as she took some deep breaths...

Voice: hello, are you still there...

This time nandu's eyes fell on the phone beside her...

She held it and switched it on...

*Manik...*

She slowly bought the phone towards her ear...

Nandu: hello... she muttered meekly as she was a little scared... who wouldn't be...

Manik: hey, i thought you hung up for real this time... he said with humour in his voice...

Nandu: no, no i was just startled... she said while manik chuckled...

Manik: hmmm, had a good sleep... he asked, nandu could hear a slight shuffling from the other side...

Nandu: yes, are you busy... she asked as she couldnt ignore that noice...

Manik: oh no... just getting my things straight... he muttered while nandu hummed...

Manik: so how was my singing... Do i get a full score... he asked while nandu chuckled...

Nandu: do you really need to ask... she scoffed while manik let a light laugh...

Manik: well, you cant blame me... who doesnt want their to be wife to praise them... and with me, being this amazing, you wouldn't even need to think much... he said while nandu rolled her eyes...

Nandu: god! You sure are narcissistic... she said while manik let out a smile...

Nandu: accha, i need to get ready... tum se baad me baat kar thi hoon... she said...

Manik: well, as long as you wont fall asleep halfway... he chuckled remembering their convo or well his one sided convo...

but he did enjoy talking to her... and not to forget this was the first time he ever talked this much...