"Jennifer? The three-month relationship?" Gabriel asked to confirm he knew what River was talking about.

"Yeah," River admitted, shamefully from the sound of it. "I helped her during the pregnancy. She never went back to school after that. But when she delivered Nia, she left town with her parents. Now she only calls to check on her."

River's mother tilted her head at River, reaching a hand out to rub his shoulder.

"I'm going to get some drinks," She said before leaving the living room.

"You had a whole human for four months and never told anyone," Gabriel handed River the light pink blanket and keys without removing his eyes from Nia.

River caught them in his chest, and let his gaze drift to Zion. "I wanted to," River said. "But I didn't want you all to freak out."

Zion sighed. "I don't know if I want to punch you for thinking that bad of us as your brothers, or if I want to hug you for even going there."

River released a relieved breath, smiling to himself as he dipped his head.

"I guess I should thank Pearl for reassuring me it'll be alright," He nodded at me in thanks.

"Hold the fu- front door," Nico stumbled over his words. "Pearl knew this before us, didn't she?"

"Uh, yes?" I responded, feeling everyone's gaze turn to me.

"First, she knows of Zion's tattoo before us, then River's child," His blue eyes playfully narrowed down on me. "You got some dirt on me or Gabby?" He wiggled his eyebrows, but I froze.

I couldn't stop myself from looking at Gabriel. It looked like he, too, froze, and I hated that he seemed paralysed with uncertainty.

"No," A nervous snicker escaped my lips, putting Gabriel's posture at ease.

"I'm sure," Nico sounded unconvinced.

"Kids, come on out outside. I got some food ready!" River's mother shouted from further down the house.

Teagan grabbed Edvany's arm and walked up to me.

"How are you feeling?" Teagan hooked her arm around mine and led us to through the wide hallway.

"Tired," I said, leaning my head on Teagan's shoulder for a short second.

"If you need to rant about how you're going to miss your two favourite bullies, Edvany and I will listen," She comforted me, and I kissed her cheek in gratitude.

"So," Edvany cleared her throat and snuck a quick look to the boys following behind us. When she saw they were at a safe distance, she glanced at me from in front of Teagan's face. "What was that between you and Zion?"

I narrowed my eyes at her because there was no way I'd be getting out of this conversation with Teagan listening.

"Right now, we're friends," I shrugged, murmuring quietly.

"Mhm," Edvany pursed her lips and faced the back sliding doors we headed to.

"That leaves room for later, doesn't it?" Teagan side glanced me. "For now, it's just friends, and later..."

"Time will tell," I simply stated.

River's mother appeared behind the glass sliding door and opened it for us, a warm smile growing on her face.

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier," She moved aside so that we could step onto the back porch. "You can call me Susanna."

"It's nice to meet you, Susanna," Edvany removed her arms from Teagan to greet Susanna in a polite hug. "I'm Edvany, and this is Teagan and Pearl."