Chapter 40: Black crystal

Start from the beginning

Taeyong released a breath, opening his right palm to look at the black crystal which seemed to be just an ordinary crystal. The guardian wanted to inspect it further but suddenly he felt a sting in his right palm, directly where the crystal laid. At first he did nothing, not fully understanding what was going on but the second the guardian's palm began to turn pitch black, was the crystal dropped to the ground and the red-haired male jumped away from it, immediately inspecting his right hand.

Where the crystal had been laying was now a pitch black spot. The flesh felt fine, so it wasn't a burn or anything similar but what was it then? "What did just happen?", Taeyong asked out loud and looked at the female hunter. She just chuckled a little but said nothing to answer the guardian's question. "I will take you with me for further investigation", the red-haired male then stated, sounding very serious now.

"So you take prisoners to torture them now? Not just mindlessly kill them anymore?", the woman spat, her eyes now burning with this cold hatred Taeyong saw beforehand. "We don't kill or torture anyone", the guardian responded in a calm but still serious voice. "Oh yeah, right. You evolved from being blood hungry, satanic beasts to civilized creatures, who wouldn't hurt a fly", the female hunter almost growled, making Taeyong question why the woman suddenly talked so much.

"We would never hurt anybody if it's not for self defense", the guardian said, trying to get the woman to talk more. She only laughed a little. "A vampire will always thirst for blood, a kitsune will always want to cause trouble, a siren will never stop luring others into a trap", she said with a almost wicked smile on her features. "A monster will stay a monster no matter what", the woman chuckled like she was insane.

"The legacy of hunters will continue and we will hold together forever, so do you realize that my comrades will come for me? They will hunt you down and everyone you love", the woman said, looking to Taeyong thinking she had the upper hand. She was mistaken because if you shouldn't do one thing, then it is threatening Lee Taeyong's loved ones because he would do anything to keep his group, his family safe.

The woman noticed her mistake when she saw how the guardian's eyes changed from serious to just dark. "I want to see them try", the guardian said in a low, dangerous voice, making the huntress regret opening her mouth while pure fear was written all over her face.

——————————

Jisung was afraid that Minho would break down any second but the older just sat beside him, drawing patterns into the back of the warlock's right hand and occasionally playing with his fingers like a little child. You couldn't read his mimic and you couldn't tell what was going on inside his head. It scared Jisung a little but more out of worry than actually fear.

Taeil had explained everything the seven NCT members knew so far about the fire, that had somehow shallowed the whole sky clan, to Minho. It included the things Jisung had told them and what all of the seven NCT members were currently doing. Of course Taeil had also said that as soon as all the NCT members came back from their investigation he would personally bring both teenagers somewhere safe. Minho had taken this all in with an unreadable expression while he had held onto Jisung's hand.

Now the two sat on the trunk of a fallen tree, Minho concentrating on Jisung's hand while the warlock watched him even though he sometimes glanced to Taeil, who was busy preparing something with magic not even Jisung could fully understand. It seemed like he was setting up a barrier while also preparing a what seemed to be a portal but Jisung wasn't sure it looked to complex even for him.

"You are brave, Jisung", Minho mumbled, getting Jisung's attention. The warlock turned his head to his boyfriend, noticing how the cat hybrid was still focusing on playing with Jisung's hand. Jisung couldn't understand how Minho could think he was brave. He was the opposite if he was honest.