Chapter 36: Epilogue

The smoothness of the chocolate cream was blissful and the chocolate sponge was so fluffy and moist that it was easy to tell that the birthday cake had been made by Piper.

I smiled as I ate my mouthful of cake slowly, savouring the taste as I continued to look out into the garden from where I was sat on the chair in the conservatory. The house had quietened down a little as everyone went home but I could still feel the energies of my family wandering around the house though I wasn't sure where Chris had disappeared to.

Today was November sixteenth and marked my sixteenth birthday along with Chris's. Piper had given us a small, family filled party to celebrate which apparently hadn't been just her idea as Aunt Phoebe and Uncle Coop had wanted everyone to get together to see how I was doing. The day after Dolton had been resurrected, a family meeting had been called and during this meeting was also when Evaline and Harry were introduced to the Halliwell family.

It had been a long few weeks and Halloween was just a distant memory. Since that night, we'd all tried our hardest to find Dolton, including both generations of the Power of Three going to the Underworld to see if we could find Dolton anywhere. That idea hadn't worked and no matter how much Aunt Phoebe, mom and Aunt Paige had found demons and tortured them, none of them seemed aware that Dolton had returned. I knew then that we had been asking the wrong demons. The only demons who would be aware would be those within Dolton's group and until he was ready, the rest of the Underworld wouldn't be aware of Dolton's resurrection unless he wanted them to know. I had yet to understand the dynamics of the group. Apparently Dolton had still maintained control somehow, even though he'd been in the wasteland by giving his orders through a proxy. This proxy had been the only one to have interacted with Dolton face-to-face according to the information I'd found out through Drogba and I couldn't help but to think about the fact that the Source who had been the ruler before Cole had only let a select few see his face as well. Anyway this proxy had been the next in line if anything had happened to Dolton, which meant that the proxy must have been extremely powerful. Of course, if I'd joined in that time then I would've been made the leader instead but that would never happen. Hopefully.

Other than the Dolton issue, I'd had to deal with the introduction of my long lost younger brother and grandmother. I'd handled the news quite well, or at least mom seemed to think I had. It wasn't until after everyone had gone home after the family meeting that I realised just how much everything had bothered me. I'd broken down in tears because of the range of emotions that finally made themselves known and Piper had had to console me with how I was feeling.

I hated Evaline for leaving me in the way that she had and I hated her for how she'd treated my mom throughout the first few years of my life. I hated that her words had broken my mom's soul just a fraction that Dolton had clawed his way through and coerced her into performing her purification ritual to hopefully cleanse me, when in fact I would've died either completely, or my witch half would've been destroyed in trying to protect me. I also hated that it felt like Evaline had chosen Harry over me and as I'd gotten to know them over the last few weeks, I realised that even though we had the same father, Harry's demonic powers were tiny compared to mine. He'd only shown basic demonic powers of shimmering and energy and fire balls. He wasn't pyrokinetic in the slightest, whereas I had been from the womb. I guess that showed the difference in power between the firstborn and the subsequent siblings that followed.

On the other hand, I was grateful to Evaline for looking after Harry all of this time and grateful for the love and family I'd gotten from the Halliwells. I couldn't be sure that I would be the same person if it wasn't for them. I couldn't be certain how I would've turned out if I'd known everything from the beginning. I was also grateful that Evaline had helped my mom in her moment of need after she'd conceived Harry and had helped her create a plan for what would happen to us after her death.