Chapter 31

Note: It's been a while since I've updated and I'm sorry about that. Doing a Master's Degree is a lot of work and I still haven't gotten used to my routine yet. But I want to thank the lovely @AmandaAnthony8 for checking in and reminding me of how long it has been. I thoroughly enjoyed writing this chapter and it is incredibly long :)

So as a way to apologise, I'll be uploading 3 chapters today. Let me know what you think!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Move!" Wyatt shouted the moment that Chris and I landed in the Manor. Chris grabbed me and the two of us fell to the floor quickly just as I heard a scream from somewhere near to my head.

"Okay" Mel breathed and with a frown Chris and I got to our feet, before I turned to see that Mel was crouched at the bottom of the stairs and Wyatt was hiding in the doorway to the living room.

"What's going on?" I asked, not bothered who replied but Wyatt and Mel simply shook their heads and Mel motioned for me to follow her. I frowned but did as I was told and Mel led me into the kitchen, closely followed by Wyatt and Chris since I could hear their footsteps following us.

The kitchen was a mess. There was a huge pot on the stove with ingredients cluttered around the table and the Book of Shadows was on the counter behind the pot. It looked like Wyatt and Mel had been making potions?

I frowned and wandered over to the Book, seeing that it was open to the potion that replicated Piper's combustive power. Mel had Piper's freezing power and I believed that if she continued using her power, she may be able to gain Piper's combustive power at some point as well, but until then none of the siblings had access to that power. Even Wyatt's offensive powers that were similar to Piper's weren't developed enough to be trustworthy. His anger yesterday had shown that since he'd lashed out at me with his weird energy type power that could fry someone's skin off. Potions were the best thing that we had at the moment, along with Chris's telekinesis and Wyatt's telekinetic orbing powers. I would usually say that my powers were fairly well equipped to deal with demons, but obviously I didn't have those powers so I was useless and a liability.

"What's going on?" I demanded since everyone was quiet and I saw Mel shuffling uncomfortably from where she was stood by the pot. I frowned at her, suddenly seeing that she looked incredibly tired. What the hell had happened while I was gone?

"I had a premonition" Mel began and that made complete sense as to why she looked so exhausted.

She was meditating extremely well as a way to control her premonition powers but it was a lot more difficult to teach her how to handle that power. I guess it came with age and experience, but even I wasn't sure. Aunt Phoebe was in her twenties when she first had that power and so her body was strong enough to handle it, plus she wasn't a teenager with uncontrollable hormones. I nodded, encouraging Mel to continue but she just looked at Wyatt, almost asking for permission. The oldest sibling sighed and nodded, but closed his eyes, seemingly in pain. I frowned at that, it wasn't like Mel to ask for permission to do anything. She was pretty headstrong like that.

"What?" I huffed in annoyance at being kept in the dark and I heard Chris sigh.

"Mel saw me die. You were there as well and so the demons who killed me took you." I felt my legs turn to jelly and I sank to the floor in shock and horror. Chris suddenly appeared by my side and I looked at him, his green eyes watching me in worry as my own eyes filled with tears. The idea of anything happening to Chris made my heart hurt. The idea of him dying, right in front, of me was so painful that I couldn't even hold my own body weight.

"I let you die. I couldn't save you because I have no powers!" I blurted and Chris sighed before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly.