Day Twenty-Nine

Day Twenty-Nine: Free Day #2

It was a nice evening. Nice enough that Cassandra decided to sleep with the window open. She enjoyed the gentle chill in the air.

Splat!

Cass sat up straight in her bed, looking around the room for whatever could've caused the noise. Her eyes landed on the ruins of... Was that a snowball? She groaned, getting up and heading to the window just as another snowball came sailing through, hitting her square in the chest.

"Hey!" she yelled, leaning out the window, "what the heck?!"

She was greeted with the sight of a young teenaged boy standing in the snow, holding another snowball in his hands. "Hey, Cassie!"

Cass groaned. "Varian... It's the middle of the night, snow is cold and wet, and my window is wide open here."

"... Sorry. I just... Didn't have any better way to get your attention."

"Get my attention?" Cass asked, incredulous, "why would you need to get my attention? Like I just said, it's the middle of the night."

"I... There's something cool that I wanted to show you?"

He wasn't really lying; there was something he wanted to show her. He just felt a little guilty under Cass's judgmental glare.

"Fine. But can you give me a few minutes? I seem to recall a snowball being thrown right at my shirt."