Day Seven (October 7, 2019)

Day Seven: Shopping for Halloween Candy and/or Decorations

I'm imagining this as, like, one of those giant candy stores where you can buy separate candy or candy in a bunch of packs.

Cassandra looked at Varian incredulously. "Do I even want to ask?"

"Cassie," he said simply, "we're in our own house now. Kids are gonna be coming around trick-or-treating on Halloween night; we might as well get them something that'll make visiting our home worth it."

Cass sighed. "Do we really have to do this?"

"Come on, Cassie," he replied, "it's just a little bit out of the budget, and it's for one night. I think that's a good price for being the cool new neighbors. Besides... If we have some left over, it's all yours."

That was the entire purpose of their visit to Uncle Monty's, actually. Cass was really craving sweets, against her own better judgment. As much as she loved her unborn child, she seriously cursed the fact that they made her want things that she normally never wanted before.

Cass sighed again, contemplating Varian's words. She was tempted by it now, come to think of it.

"... Fine. But I can't say I'm happy about this. Or that I'll let you do this again in the future."

Varian chuckled, wrapping an arm around her. "Alright. It's a deal."