Day Twelve (October 12, 2019)

Day Twelve: Horse Drawn Hayride

Takes place during Day Two.

It was a chilly evening. But perfect for the harvest festival of Old Corona. The autumn chill had never deterred the villagers in the past, and it wasn't about to deter them this year.

A cart was positioned in the center of the village, ready for its next round of passengers. The cart was piled high with stacks of hay, perfect for sitting on... Until they poked into your skin, as Varian remembered. The step up to the cart was also formed with hay.

Varian offered Cass his hand as support while she got up onto the cart before climbing up himself, taking a seat next to her.

Cass smiled at him, putting her hand on top of his. He grinned back.

People loaded onto the cart until it was finally full, and then they took off. The ride went down the main road of Old Corona before heading out of the village and going through some of the freshly-harvested fields for a little while. Varian remembered having a lot of fun with it when he was younger, sitting on his father's lap and pointing out whatever caught his fancy.

As they reached the fields, Cassandra leaned in and pointed up towards the sky. "Look how clear it is. I can see all the stars."

The expression on her face was one of pure astonishment and amazement, and Varian couldn't help but chuckle softly. He could easily imagine how he had looked when he had been a young boy. Somewhat like that, he figured.

"Aren't they beautiful?" he agreed with a soft smile, "I always thought that these fields had the best view of the sky."

"Can't argue there."

But as Cassandra stared at the stars and the sky, Varian couldn't bring himself to look with her. Instead, he simply gazed at her, taking in the absolute beauty that was Cass. She shone brighter than any of the stars, he thought. She was far more beautiful than any ball of gaze thousands of millions of miles away could ever be.

He loved her. Deeply. And that wasn't going to change.