Chapter 8

Human or Pokemon?

"You are even a better trainer than my boyfriend!" The young Ketchum rose his eyebrows at those words glancing around the area. He had finally defeated all trainers on the road and by the distance he could see a small fishing pond and also a cottage. He still could hardly believe the little kid's words. A Pokemon that talks, really?

His attention returned back to the female picknicker he just had defeated and could not help but grin as he patted Pikachu's head beside him. "Well I guess that my Pikachu is quite impressive." The teenage prodigy spoke as he turned around ready to leave. "I bet I am better than your boyfriend at other things too." Ash finished with a wide smirk as he began walking towards the cottage with his arm up in the air, waving goodbye.

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean?" The picknicker yelled back as she watched him leaving her, soon out of sight without any answer received from him. To be fair, Ash could not care less. She was not his type, however he did not mind some teasing along the road.

As the male stopped in his tracks, he walked his way towards the pond and glanced down at the crystal clear water, in deep thought. 'What do I truly desire, is it to become a Pokemon Master? But after that what is supposed to happen then?' The male thought to himself as he sat down on the grass and closed his eyes. 'Who am I? Who is my father? What does my mother hide from me and what is she doing right now...' Grunting in frustration, the teenage boy punched his fists onto the grass.

The Electric Mouse Pokemon jumped off it's trainer shoulder and stood behind it's trainer looking up at him. The facial expression filled with worry and confusion for it's trainer. The moment Ash realized that part, the male looked down at his Pokemon with a genuine smile forming his lips. "It is alright Pikachu, I am just in deep thought! It is not easy you know...I want to know about my father and my mom...something does not feel right about her." The male spoke as he stood up. She always seemed like the most kindhearted person in this planet but yet...he could not help but think that it was nothing but a huge facade. Well, of course it was true towards him! He knew she loved him to death but in general? Who was she? Shaking all the thoughts away the Ash's smile turned into a grin. He could not sit here all day thinking! He had to move on and continue with his goal, whatever happens later is his job to deal with then eventually.

"Come on Pikachu, let's find this Pokemon now shall we..." At seeing the new attitude and the positive aura emitting from his trainer, Pikachu quickly jumped up to Ash's shoulder. "Pika Pika!" Grinning at Pikachu's positive vibe, the young trainer could not help but glance over at his left to see what it looks like to be an abandoned cottage. "But first...let's see what is inside, shall we?" With the confirmation from his starter companion, Ash took his steps towards the cottage and opened up the door as he raised his eyebrows. 'Unlocked, really? Well I guess people are begging to get robbed one day.' The male spoke as a chuckle escaped his lips.

"Oh thank Arceus! Finally someone here to help me!"

'Huh' Ash could have sworn he heard someone else but as he glanced around the room it seemed like some sort of research room, but empty! Then he glanced down to see the Clefairy there, the fairy type...then the memories struck his mind! The little kid told him about the talking Pokemon. The words just came out from that Pokemon! No, this was not logical at all, yet Ash could not help but believe it too, at least for a brief moment. "This is crazy...no there is no way Pokemon's can talk!"

"I am not a Pokemon! I just got transformed into a Clefairy, now please help me?" With that the Clefairy turned around and walked towards the machine, and inside leaving the confused teen in shock. Transformed? How was that even possible. Hell, scientists and researchers these days...always doing the unbelievable.