Chapter 5

Pewter City Gym:

As the male finally had gotten the few hours of rest that was needed, Ash woke up in a better mood ready for the Gym Battle. The raven-haired teen glanced at his starter Pokemon on his shoulder and grinned lightly. "With our secret attack...Iron Tail, I am sure we will come out victorious." Ash spoke as a smirk formed his lips. Moving his hand to pet the electric mouse's head, thus making the Pokemon squeak, in a way as nodding at his trainer's words. Pikachu was really pumped for this battle, Ash could tell that.

Stepping out of the room Ash was clearly surprised by the fact that he could not find Misty anywhere inside the Center. Not in her room or at the restaurant either. Not that it mattered too much, the male was sure she was alright.

Ignoring the thoughts, the young teen stepped out of the Center and began walking towards the Gym, walking past the museum, or what used to be a museum. Ash found it quite incredible that they already had hired workers to rebuild the place. Was it safe to do it now really?

"I really need to focus on my battle now and not the crime. I am not a detective." the male muttered to himself, chuckling at his words. Why did this of all crimes bring such an attention to him? He never cared otherwise so why? "I am really confused about this."

When Ash reached the Gym finally the male pushed the doors gently forwards opening it so he could enter the Gym. The future Pokemon Master was really...impressed! The male had never seen such a huge battle arena with his own eyes and that rock terrain looked epic.

"Wow..."

"I almost feared that you would not come! After all I know what Pokemon you have" Brock spoke as a smirk formed his lips.

At hearing those words the male snapped his head up and saw the familiar Gym Leader on the other side of the Arena. A similar smirk to match Brock's.

"Me chicken out, never!"

"Hey Ash!"

The teenage boy let a groan at hearing the familiar feminine voice echoing in the room. "So you were here all the time." Ash muttered to himself as he glanced at the seats for the audience to find the orange-haired Gym Leader sitting.

"I am sorry for keeping you waiting guys! Do not worry, I will make it worth it. I will win...I must win" the male spoke with enthusiasm, however the male whispered the six last words.

Pikachu immediately jumped of his trainer's shoulder and positioned in a fighting stance, ready to fight for his trainer. "Pika Pika!" The electric Pokemon squealed out in a confident manner.

"Well then, what are the rules?"

Brock could not help but grin at the confidence, the will the two had, even if they were newbies, even the fact that Ash had the disadvantage when it came to the type of Pokemon he still felt so...secure. It was such a strong, positive and powerful aura radiating around him. 'This boy is truly something else.' Brock thought to himself with a grin on his lips.

"This battle is a 1 on 1. The Pokemon that faint first has lost the battle. It is not much harder than that." reaching for his belt he tossed out the Poké Ball revealing the enormous rock type Pokemon, Onix. "You decide on who shall start."

"Then you may begin Brock."

The male's eyes widened by Ash's words. Most newbies would just act harshly and go all in without even thinking of the consequences. Well there was a reason why only 3% of all trainers made it to the Pokemon League.

"Interesting, well then. Onix use Rock Tomb!" The Gym Leader ordered as he watched the snake looking pokemon heading closer to Pikachu and then use the move.