Chapter 3

A New Companion?

"Already..." the young kid muttered in disbelief as he watched the majestic flying type come out. Would that thing be his opponent? But that man...how could he have a Pidgeotto already? Not only was it powerful it also had the type advantage. The smirk across the youngsters face slowly had turned into a frown.

"How have you already gotten a Pidgeotto?" Then it struck his mind completely when he glanced over the Pikachu that sat on the male's shoulder. It was SHINY. This man had barely started his Journey and he already had strong, rare Pokemons.

"Pidgeotto, use gust." Ash spoke out watching his Pokemon creating a strong power of wind with his wings heading towards the Bee Pokemon, hitting it. It ended with Beedrill getting crashed against the tree, not fainted but still very injuried.

"Hey! We were not even ready!" Joey growled as he began running towards his Pokemon to check if it was alright.

Ash just sighed as he shook his head, was this boy really this worthless?

"As I thought, good job Pidgeotto return." Ash spoke as he got out his Poké Ball and made sure to give Pidgeotto the rest, even though it barely did anything.

"Hey! What you think you are doing?"

Ash chuckled darkly to himself as he walked closer towards the boy and his Pokemon.

"This battle is pointless, deep down you know it as well kid. The battle had already started and yet you focused on me and my Pokemon instead of yourself. As you said, challengers makes the first move, I did."

"Joey...you are leagues below me and you always will. One advice, change your attitude. Maybe then you might grow as a Pokemon Trainer...and a person."

Ash really hated to act like this towards someone younger than him. However in this case Joey really had to get his shit together, acting all tough but in reality it was just a young insecure boy.

Ash grinned as well at the fact that he had probably left the male at loss of words.

"I-i do not know what to-"

"Then don't know, if you excuse me I am going to leave, I have a badge to obtain." With that, Ash grabbed his bag from the ground and put it on, walking past Joey moving forwards deeper into the forest, leaving the boy.

How pathetic, were most people like this? No it could not be the case. Well at least not the majority he hoped.

However as he walked through the forest for almost two hours, doing nothing but realizing he was lost. The only thing Ash could do during the time he was stuck was facing those other trainers that was there battling. Those Bug Catchers were even weaker than Joey, having only Weedle's and Caterpie's.

"Screw this, I give up..." the young male muttered in frustration as he looked at the path in front of him. He could tell he was in a different place by now but Ash had no idea how far away from the exit he was.

A beautiful view of a lake was facing him as he slowly stepped forwards to sit down by the lake and closed his eyes for a moment.

"'Maybe resting here could be worth it, after all my legs are dead." Ash whispered to himself soon followed by a soft laugh as he laid down on his back, looking up at the sky.

Tilting his cap down, to cover the sun from his eyes, Ash let out a deep breath before slowly falling into deep slumber.

Pikachu sat beside Ash glancing at the lake and all grass patches surrounding it before it began running towards the patches to play with the wild Pokemons, it was a good way to kill time as well while not staying too far away from Ash.