I was dressed in an off white short sleeve lace two piece dress, that was backless, had a centre cut out and ended mid thigh, nude heels on my feet.

Since my hair had grown longer in the past few months, I had it styled in a low ponytail, my dark hair wavy from there, loose and two strands of hair pulled out from the tie.

"She's fine." Luke looked at me, holding a folder, "She got a little banged up, but she'll be all right."

I press my palms together, "That's good-"

"You look particularly nice." Luke took notice of how dressed up I was, "Is there a special occasion I don't know about?"

"No, actually, uhm-" I rock back and forth on my feet, a wide smile spreading on my lips, "I'm grabbing dinner with Jace."

Luke softly smiled, "Dinner?"

I looked up at him, holding back a wider smile, changing the subject, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Uh-" Luke held up the folder, "I'm just running this case by whoever's on duty."

"I could help- stay back?" I offered, "Jace'll understand-"

"No, no, no." Luke stopped me, "I got it covered."

I exhale deeply, "You sure?"

"You go." Luke smiled at me, "Have fun."

-

"Jace, this place is amazing-" I almost gasped when him and I walked into the restaurant, my eyes landing on him and away from how pretty it was, "How did you hear about it?"

"Oh, you know." Jace trails off, his words making me cover my mouth to hold back a laugh, "I hear things."

A waitress walks over to us, "What's the name of the reservation?"

"The what?" Jace went grey, "The reservation?"

I placed a hand on his back, softly smiling at the waitress, "Do we need one?"

"I could squeeze you both in at a communal table." The waitress offers, "If you're okay with that?"

"Um-" Jace looked around as if his whole plan to make this perfect backfired, "I don't know."

"What do you think?" Jace's voice went quieter as he mumbles to me only, "I mean, we can go somewhere else-"

"No!" I blurt out quickly, not wanting him to be embarrassed, looking at the waitress, "No, this is perfect."

The waitress nods and leads us through the restaurant, as I lean into Jace's ear as we walked, whispering, "Lemme let you in on a little mundane secret- you call the restaurant, make the reservation for the table, then come to dinner."

I was only teasing him, because I knew how much this was throwing him off and I loved seeing that.

Jace swallows hard, "Noted."

When we reach the table, there sat Simon and Maia across from each other next to the table the waitress brought us to, catching Jace and I completely off guard.

Simon looks up, his eyes slightly wide, "Zee?"

My voice croaked out in awkwardness, "Hey."

-

I used every piece of strength in me to hold back a laugh by pursing my lips when I was seated with Maia, across from Jace, "What I'm getting from this is, you called Simon for dating advice?"

Jace didn't even want to look at Simon, "No, I called Simon for restaurant advice."

"Had he called me for dating advice, I would have advised against this situation." Simon wouldn't look at Jace either despite them being next to each other.