"This is the closest I've ever gotten to them." Jace moves his arm from under my head and around me, "Too bad it's in the Cemetery of the Disgraced."

"They weren't bad people, Jace, they just made a terrible mistake- and we all do at least once in our lives." I sigh deeply, "They put their trust in my father."

When we both fell silent, my thoughts got carried away to how Alec was pestering me about that night.

It made me feel guilty.

"Jace, we need to tell Alec the truth- especially him." I let go of Jace and looked at him, "About what I did that night- my wish."

Jace immediately denied, "No."

"He's your parabatai- he's one of my closest friends," I reasoned, wanting so badly to tell him already, "We can trust him."

"He's also the head of the New York Institute." Jace reminded me, "If he didn't report us to the Clave, he'd be as guilty as we are."

My eyes scanned his expression, "Guilty of what?"

"Compelling a wish from the Angel can only happen once." Jace said to me, "If the Clave ever found out what we did, they'd lock you in the Gard for the rest of your life."

"And if I had to do it all over again, I would." I grabbed his hand, "Jace, the point of loving someone so deeply is not caring what happens to you as long as that person is alive and well. That's how I feel right now."

Jace squeezes my hand lightly and looked away, not budging, "No one can know, Zee."

-

"What is it?" I asked as a giggling Isabelle Lightwood pulled me along to the weapons room, her hand tight in mine, "Izzy, what do you have to show me?"

I was dressed in a white v neck, tucked into my black ripped jeans, black combat boots on my feet, my hair appearing in waves today due to not doing it.

Isabelle let go of my hand and rounded the table, smiling giddily, "Well, now that you have your angelic rune, it is my honor, as the new weapons master, to help you choose your signature weapon."

"You're the new weapons master?" I smiled in delight, "Izzy, that is perfect for you!"

"This isn't about me." Isabelle couldn't stop smiling, "It's about you."

I shrug playfully, "Well, I'm flattered, truly."

"Alec has his bow and arrows, Jace has his seraph blade, and I have my whip." Isabelle listed off, "Now- it's your turn."

"What did Clary-" My voice faded when she opened the vault, my eyes wide with astonishment.

"She chose a seraph dagger." Isabelle told me, "Since you've always used a blade, she's used to her dagger."

I stepped closer to the vault, my eyes scanning all of the weapons, "How do I choose?"

"Follow your gut." Isabelle watched me as I slowly picked up two small swords, that I felt drawn to, "Dual kindjals, huh?"

"Kindjals." I held the two kindjals in my hands, noticing how with every scan I did, I always ended up feeling a connection to these, "I don't know why."

"It fits your fighting style." Isabelle mentioned, "You tend to use your left arm for balance, now- it'll be just as deadly as your right."

"That's a good thing." I quietly laughed as I couldn't take my eyes off the kindjals.

"Can I ask you something?" Isabelle closed the vault.

I looked away from my the kindjals and walked over to her, "Yeah, of course."