Twenty One

Dianne's POV

The funeral was a complete blur and went painfully slow.

Joe has been my absolute rock through all of this. Through every break down. Every wobble. Every hormone and craving with the pregnancy.

I couldn't really enjoy this pregnancy much at the moment because I was still grieving and I felt bad.

I'd passed the half way point now, and baby was fine. Which I was glad about, considering how stressed I'd been with losing Mum.

I was three weeks away from my due date. Joe and I decided not to find out the sex, wanting a surprise.

Flynn's speech was incredible now. With him being almost two, he was a right little talker.

''Are you sure you'll be OK if I go to work for a couple hours?'' Joe asks. He had to go and do some work for his management company, Margravine, as Caspar is away with Ambar.

''Joe I'll be fine. Alice is popping around for a bit. We're going for dinner whilst Flynn is at Nursery. I'll phone if I need you.''

''OK. Please phone if you need me, alright?''

''Stop worrying. Go. I'll be fine.'' I giggle.

''I love you. I'll see you later.''

''I love you, too.'' Kissing my lips he heads out.

. . .

''So how's things with you and James?'' I ask Alice.

''Things are great. We're doing amazing. I really love him. I think he may be the one.'' She grins, showing me her hand.

''Oh my God. Alice! You kept that quiet.'' I squeal.

''I know, sorry. It happened so quickly, and unexpected that I've been on cloud nine since.'' She grins.

''I'm so happy for you, darl.'' 

''Thank you, Di.'' She smiles.

''Are you ready to get lunch?''

''Can we stay here? I feel really tired.''

''Of course, I'll cook if ya want?''

''Thanks that'd be great. I'm just going to go and put some more comfortable clothes on.'' I say heading upstairs.

I walk into the bathroom to freshen up as a sharp pain hits my side. I grit my teeth continuing with what I'm doing.

I try to walk back downstairs the pain becoming unbearable. ''ALICE.'' I shout.

''Dianne, are you alright?'' She comes running upstairs. ''Where are you?''

''B-bathroom,'' I breathe.

She walks in, seeing me keeled over the side of the bath.

''Di?'' 

''I can't move. I'm in pain, I think I maybe in labour. Can you phone Joe?'' I breathe.

''Shit. Sure. OK. Where is your phone?'' 

''B-bedroom.''

She runs to my bedroom, coming back in with my phone. ''Do you want me to phone?''

''Yes please.''

She nods, dialing his number.

Joe's POV

I'm in the middle of my meeting when my phone rings. I see the caller I.D as my heart beats. ''Sorry I need to take this.'' I say, walking out.

''Dianne?''