Two

Dianne's POV

Making sure Dom isn't around, I walk into our bathroom and cover my bruises and cuts.

I've been hiding a massive secret. Dom has been beating me up for months, but I've been too scared to say anything or end it.

I know for a fact if I told Joe he'd go mad. I can't do it. I need out, but I'm scared.

I look at my engagement on my finger, and sigh. 

I can't marry him

I can't marry him. I can't.

''DIANNE!.'' Dom's voice bellows. ''WHERE ARE YOU?''

''I'm in the bathroom.'' I reply, quickly hiding my makeup.

He walks in. ''Are you going to work today?''

''No, I told you. I'm filming a video with Joe.'' I reply.

''You are not.''

''Dom, please.''

''No Dianne. You are going to work. You can't afford to be filming stupid videos with that Youtuber boy, we have a flat to pay for.'' 

''Dom! No! I am going to Joe's.'' Grabbing my bag and car keys I head to Joe's, knowing I'll be in deep shit later. But right now, I didn't care.

. . .

''Alright DBuzz?''

I sigh, ''Not really.''

''Oh, are you OK? What's up?'' He asks concerned.

''Me and Dom had an argument about me not going to work and now he's mad.'' I sigh.

''Oh Di, I'm sorry. Do you want me to talk to him?'' 

''No its fine. I'll talk to him later, he's just being childish.''  I lie.

''OK, well lets get started.'' 

Putting the equipment on Joe I couldn't help but stare at his abs. He had a really nice body. I shake my head, as we make a start on the video.

I had tears streaming down my face. Joe's face was hilarious. And to be honest, I was being brutal.

. . .

After we'd finished the video. I fling myself on Joe's sofa, as he brings me a glass of water  and some food. I check my phone, seeing it blowing up with angry messages from Dom.

I turn my phone off, not giving a damn.

''How's things with Alice?'' I ask. ''Any better?''

''She keeps pressuring me to put a ring on her finger,'' He sighs. ''I think I'm just gonna do it. I mean, Mum and Zoe keep asking questions, and Alice keeps pressuring me. I'm fed up, Di. I really am.''

''Have you told her how you really feel?'' 

''I've tried, she won't listen to me. I'm just going to buy her a ring and propose, get it over with. That way, I won't have any more pressure.''

''Is that what you really want, though?'' I ask.

''I mean, I love her, of course I do. I want to settle down one day, I do. It's just..'' He pauses.

''You don't know whether you can see yourself settling down with Alice?'' I ask.

''Yeah, I. I dunno. She's an amazing girl, she really is. And I do love her, but do I really want to settle down with her? I don't know, I'm so confused.'' He sighs, running a finger through his hair.

''Then I think in your heart, Joe, she's not the one. If you're confused then you know its not right.'' I say.

''Do you really think so?'' He asks.

''I don't know what's going on with your heart, Joe. But I've known you 27 years. And I feel you're being too nice to her, and staying with her so you don't hurt her.'' I say.

''What if there's someone else?''

''Is there...?'' I ask.

He sighs. ''There might be..''

''Oh my God, Joe. Who is she?'' I ask, a slight squeal in my voice.

''Oh, it's no one you know.'' He whispers, going red.

''Joseph Sugg, tell me.'' 

''No I can't tell you. Not yet. I need to talk to Alice first, I need to end it.'' He says, sighing.

''Look, I'll be right with you, Joe. I need to go, OK? But tell me how it went, alright?'' He nods.

''Yeah I'll text you later.'' I nod, hugging him goodbye, as I make my way home.

. . .

''DIANNE.'' Great, here we go.

''Dom I'm really sorry.'' 

''BEDROOM NOW.'' I shake with nerves, nodding slightly.

And just like that, I'm made to feel like shit once again. I need to tell Joe. I have to.

Clambering out of bed, I grab my phone and text Joe. Opening my Watsapp I message Joe.

Joe, are you free? I need you...

Immediatly my phone rings. Di, are you alright?

No, I need you. Can you meet?

I'm just finishing up with Alice, but I can meet you at Starbucks?

How long will you be?

Not long. Say five mins?

Yeah, OK. I'll see ya in a bit

I hang up, quickly grabbing my keys and meeting Joe at Starbucks.

. . .

I see Joe sat at a table. ''Hey, how did it go with Alice?''

''I erm, I kind of proposed.'' He scratches his head in awkwardness.

''You did what?!'' I ask, looking shocked.

''I panicked. I went to break up with her. But I couldn't do it, I froze and proposed instead. I'm so stupid.''

''No you're not. Yeah, that was a silly thing to do. But, you love her right?'' He nods. ''Then try and make it work.'' I say.

''I guess. I'm not here to talk about me. Why did you call me all frantic?''

I sigh, taking a deep breath. ''Joe, I'm being abused.''