Four

Dianne's POV

I awoke the next day with a banging headache. I groan as I roll over, feeling an arm wrapped around me.

I rub my eyes slightly, my eyes adjusting to the light. Wait, this isn't my room. Or my bed. And that's definitely not Dom.
Shit. I'm naked, what the hell did I do?

The person rolls over snuggling into me, trailing his fingers on my chest. That smell, that hair, I recognise that anywhere. Crap, that's Joe.

I slept with Joe. My best friend. This is not good.

But last night he made me feel so loved, and wanted, he made me feel alive. He was incredible, better than Dom. He made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. God, I felt thing's I'd never felt before.

It was passionate and full of love. Not lust, love. It was hot and steamy, but also he was so gentle. I'd never had sex like that before.

I knew instantly I regretted it, but I wanted more. But I cant. We can't. We're both in relationships. Joe in a loving one, me not so much, but still, I'm engaged. We both are.

Joe rubs his eyes as he sits up. "My head." He groans.
"Joe, do you remember anything about last night?" I ask.
"All I remember is kissing you."
"And do you know how we ended up here?"
"Shit," He runs his fingers through his hair. "We didn't, did we?"
"Well we're both naked, so yeah, I think we did."
"Shit. This is not good."
"Ya think? Joe, we've slept together. We've cheated."
"I know Dianne," He starts. "But for me, that was the best sex I'd ever had, in a long long time." He admits.
"Me too, but we can't do that again. You're my best friend, and we're both in relationships."
"But what if I want to do that again?" He now sits up looking at me.
"Joe stop it!" I say. "You can't say things like that to me."
"You can't tell me you didn't feel anything last night?"
"That's not the point Joe. We can't do it again. It's wrong. I'd never cheat, normally."
He sighs. "No I know, but I honestly can't stop thinking about you. About how amazing you were last night. How that was the best sex of my life. But you didn't answer my question."
"Joe, I did feel something last night. I felt loved. I felt like someone actually wanted me. But what we did was wrong, Joe. And that cannot happen again." I tell him.
"I know. I'm sorry." He sighs.
"I'm sorry too, it takes two to tango Joe, I need to get back to Dom." I reply.
"Please, end it with him. I'll end it with Alice, and we can be together."
"Joe, you know I cant. This doesn't change anything." I lie.
"It changes everything, Di. We slept together for Gods sake. I know we're best friends but I," He pauses. "I feel something for you. Something deeper, something more then friends."
"Don't." I stop him.
"I want to kiss you again. The way your lips felt against mine. The way you bit down on my lip when I played with your hair. The way you moved your hips when I-"
"Stop it, Joe." I whisper.
"I can't. I fucking can't. I want you. I need you. I have to have you." He whispers.
"No. I'm going, and you can't stop me." I say.
"Tell me you don't feel anything at all for me."

I look down. "I. I can't."
"See," He turns to look at me, still wrapped in his arms. "I don't know what's going, but all I know is, I feel so strongly about you right now. And I can't part from you. Di, I think i-"
"No Joe, don't say those words." I shake my head.
"End it with Dom, I'll end it with Alice and we can be together."
"Is it really that simple?" I ask.
"Yes."
"Maybe for you. But for me it's not. You're forgetting I'm in an abusive relationship Joe, he'll make things worse if I leave him."
"I'm not letting him hurt you, I can't stand it. I feel something in here," He points to his heart. "I think I'm falling for you.."

I sigh. "Please report him. I can't stand the fact he's hurting you. Doing all those things to you. I need to protect you. He needs reporting so he doesn't do it again, please. Let me come with you." He's begging me. This is killing me.

I nod. "OK. You're right. But, don't end it with Alice."
"No. I'm going to. I don't love her, not anymore. I don't know what this," He points to us. "is, but all I know is, I want you all to myself. I want to see where it takes us.
You can't deny our friendship hasn't changed after that."
"Of course it has, it changes everything. I want to see where it takes us too. OK, end it with Alice, but don't tell her about us. Please?"
"Of course. I won't say a word. Alice should be back soon. You'll, as much as it pains me to say it, will have to go home so I can tell her.
Meet me back at mine in two hours, and we'll go the police station?" I nod.

What is happening?
. . .

I knocked on Joe's door about 2 hours later to see an angry Alice throwing things at Joe, before shaking her head and walking away. "You dick." She shouts, throwing a shoe at him, making him duck.

"Well that went well." I laugh.
"Don't. I feel terrible." He sighs.
"You didn't tell her, did you?" I ask.
"No, all I said is that there was someone else." He wraps his arms around me.

"Are we really doing this?" I ask.
"I guess we are," He mumbles against my lips. "But first, we need to report that dick head."

Arriving at my flat, I see Dom sat on the sofa with a drink in his hand. It's 10:30 in the morning.
"Oh look the slut is home." He chuckles, standing up.
"Back off, Dom." Joe has his hand protectively on my back.
"Dom, I can't do this anymore. You've treated me like shit for far too long now. It's," I pause, looking at Joe. "its over. We're over." I breathe a sigh of relief.
"You can't end it. I've told you what will happen if you did. So, say goodbye to your precious Joe." He laughs.

Joe pushes me behind him as he stands right in front of Dom. "You as even lay one more finger on her, I will not be held responsible for my actions. You've walked over her long enough now, no more. It's over, Dom, deal with it." I take my ring off, placing it on the table.
"Find someone else to rape, I'm not your slave or slut anymore." I shake my head, as I take Joe's hand and we head out.
I won't lie, that felt good.
. . .

"You'd like to report a crime?" I nod as I talk to the police officer.

I tell him everything, not leaving any details out.

I'd finally done it. And it was all thanks to Joe.

"I'm so proud of you." He smiles as we come out of the station.
"Thank you. That felt good, to be honest. A weight has been lifted," I admit. "Can we get out of here?"
"Of course. Where do you want to go?" He asks.
"Anywhere. Away from here." I say.

"Of course. Let's go." He smiles, taking my hand.