Five

Alice's POV

Joe Sugg cheats on girlfriend with Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer, and best friend, Dianne Buswell.

I read the news article, the picture hitting me in the stomach.

So that's why he ended it

So that's why he ended it. She's the one he wanted. He cheated on me with his best friend.

There was no way he would deny it now. This just proves it.

I'm going to confront him, I need to.  Brain wave! I've got a plan... Its time to put that in action.

Dianne's POV

I awake to my phone pinging. I roll over, unlocking it.

Seeing a WhatsApp from Joe, I smile. Messaging him back.

 Messaging him back

. . . 

The key in the lock makes me jump, realising I gave Joe a key years ago.

''Di?'' Joe's voice calls coming into the living room. ''Hey.'' He smiles.

I walk over to him, and wrap my arms around his neck, smelling his sent. ''Hey.''

''How'd you sleep?'' He asks.

''Good.'' I smile.

''Me too. So, breakfast?'' I nod.

''The hell is that noise?'' Joe asks, hearing a bang.

''DIANNE BUSWELL I KNOW JOE IS THERE.'' 

''Shit, it's Alice.'' Joe panics. 

''Do you think she knows?'' I ask.

''By the way she's shouting, she must do.''

''But who's told her?'' 

''I don't know. Don't answer it.''

''DIANNE. JOE. OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR NOW.'' 

''I need to let her in.''I say.

''Let me come with you.'' I nod, as I go to answer the front door.

''So its true?'' 

''What's true?'' Joe asks.

She throws a newspaper in Joe's face. "Tell me you didn't cheat on me?" She asks, face full of sorrow.
"I'm sorry. Really I am. We both are. We were drunk, and I know that's no excuse, but I really am sorry." Joe replies.
"Are you two together, are you in love with her?"
"We're seeing where it goes. And, as far as love, I'm not sure yet. But there's definitely something there. Love? Maybe?" He answers, I couldn't control my smile.

"Well, Joe, I'm sorry, but I've got some news for you that will more than likely change everything."
"Oh? What's that?" He looks nervous.
"I'm pregnant." My eyes went wide, I felt tears roll down my cheeks. I knew this was too good to be true.
"You're pregnant?" His eyes wide.
"Yes and I'm keeping it." She says.
Running his fingers through his hair, he sighs. "Well I guess this does change things. I'm going to support you, every step of the way." He admits.
"Thanks, I appreciate it. Erm, what about us?" She asks.
"It doesn't change anything. I'll help you raise the baby, Alice."
"But we need to be in a loving relationship for the baby to have a happy life." She cries.
"Alice just because we're not together, doesn't mean this baby will be loved any different. It'll have two parent's that love it, whether they're together or not." He answers.

I sigh, "Joe, Alice is right," I start. "You need to give this baby a loving and happy life. As much as this pains me to say this, you need to do the right thing. Get back together with her, marry her and raise this baby. It needs stability Joe."

He looks at me, with tears in his eyes. "So that's it? It's over before it's even begun?" I nod sadly. "Well I guess we're back together then Alice." He spits bitterly at me.

Shaking his head at me, he walks out with Alice. His new family.

I've definitely ruined my friendship with Joe now.

. . .

All I'd done for the past hour is cry. Not only had I lost my best friend, I'd also lost the one person who I was really starting to fall for.

I'm such an idiot.

I've definitely made a mistake, but I can't win him back, or can I?

I need some advice from the one person who knows him just as well as me, Zoe.

I message her asking if she's free to talk. Not a second later, my phone rings.

I tell her everything, not leaving any single details out. "I'm really falling for him Zoe, I don't know what to do."

''Right, OK. Listen to me, Di. Show Joe how much he means to you. Show him you're falling for him, and you're sorry for what you said. Trust me, he's my brother, I know him better than he knows himself.''

''You're right Zoe, I've an idea. Thank you.'' 

. . .

I'd arrived outside Joe's favourite shop, as I stepped inside. 

''Thank you.'' I smile after I'd purchased it, I then go into another shop, getting it gift wrapped and writing the note.

Just as I come out the shop, I see Joe and Alice coming out of a jewelry shop. I sigh, seeing the ring on her finger.

He was really doing this. I'd lost him. I'd completely lost him.

It wasn't even about the fact I'd lost him as a potential boyfriend. It was the fact that after twenty seven years, I'd lost my best friend.

There was no point in living anymore. Without Joe in my life, I had nothing. Yes, OK, I have family, but they moved to Australia months ago so Joe was my only family.

I shake my head, letting the tears fall. The stabbing feeling in my chest returned. I was too proud, and stubborn for my own good. I always have been. 

Joe is going to be a Dad. An amazing one at that, and is going to get married and have an incredible life. Me, I'll be stuck single for the rest of my life.

I could feel a panic attack coming on. Trying to calm myself down, I take a few breaths, I manage to calm myself down.

I text Joe with the words.

I'm gone!

And head home, with a broken heart.