"Just asked them how much do we owe them. I 'll try to compensate the profit from my company to settle whatever it is that they demand." I softly said.

I am defeated for the first time in my life. Not by that advertising company, but from my very own carelessness and stupidity.

I sighed again as soon as she went out the office. Kahit pa saang anggulo ko tignan wala talagang way to keep the company. Specially the demand that they wanted. Maaaring ideklara kong lugi na ang kumpanya a few weeks from now.

I don't know how to inform the old man about this. Baka atakehin nalang yun pag nalaman nyang mababankrupt na ang kumpanya. Regardless of the outcome, he still needs to know about it.

....

Kasama ang anak ko ay binisita namin ang lolo nya. I just thought of bringing my son to see him, maybe it would at least ease the mood after I tell him of what happen.

I saw him smile as he played with Levi. He let his grandson sit in his lap as he sings him songs he learned from school.

I can only see a sincere smile from his wrinkled face.

I hate to break the joy they had, but I need to.

And as I break the news to him, I saw how slowly his smile turned into sadness. His strong features seem to be drowned in deep disappointment. I felt the complete guilt for what happened, but it is what it is now. I cannot turn the table anymore.

For the first time in my entire life, I saw my old man cry. I saw Levi hugged him without saying anything. I wanted to hug him too, pero for some reason I cannot. Maybe because the guilt I felt is overwhelming. The feeling of losing the only pride that was left of him made me mad of myself. For the second time, I made the people I cared for, cry in disappointment.

"Don't take it too personal anak, things like this does happen. I'm just sad that one of the memorabilia of your mom will be taken away from us. I intended that company to grow for Levi's future, but if it's how it should be, then wala na tayong magagawa pa." Malungkot nitong saad ng kami nalang dalawa ang naiwa. Naglalaro sa may bakuran si Levi na pinagmamasdan naming dalawa.

"I'm sorry dad." Yun nalang ang nasabi ko dito.

"Don't be anak, you better focus yourself on your company. At paglaanan mo ng oras ang anak mo, he is a sweet child just like you nung kasing edad mo sya." Nakangiti na ito ngayong pinagmamasadan ang apo nya.

I just looked at him, it seem that he is a changed man afterall. Malungkot man pero napangiti ako sa sinabi nya. At longlast, he was able to break free from the chains of greed over money and businesses.

...

After few days of doing the best that I can to save the company ay naglabas na ng demand letter ang R-C advertising company. They demanded more than what the comapany is capable of.

"Are they really this serious Dona? 100 million? Hindi pa tayo natatapos sa production natin and the company is earning less than the expenses, how on earth are we gonna pay for this?" I asked in shocked.

"Sir, even our car company cannot provide the entire demand. They have given us a compulsory letter. They are offering to own the company as payment for fraction of their demand. The remaining amount should be paid as soon as possible." Napahilamos ako ng aking kamay. I can't pay half the amount right away. I have a lot of cars for imports and exports, I just can't take the money intended for it.

"I'll be using Levi's inheritance." Ang naibulalas ko nalang na nagpasinghap sa kaharap ko.

"B-but, sir sa bata yun. There may be another way for us to pay." She said in concern.