Chapter 7

(y/n) POV

"W-Where am I?" I said groggily as I woke up, 'Wait didn't I get stabbed?' I thought, "NOOO! I'M TOO CUTE TO DIE!" I shouted as I sat up, "Well look who's awake." Lady Freya said as she sat up in the bed with me, "You've been asleep for three days my dear." She said, "Three days. Is my mom home yet?" I asked, "No not yet, but she should be home any day now." She said, "(y/n) I would like you to answer a few things for me if you wouldn't mind." She said I nodded, "Do you have any idea who your mother and father are?" She asked, "I...I cant remember. Everything, before I woke up outside Orario, is a complete blank, all I knew was my name and that I had to find a God and join their familia." I said, "Well (y/n) what if I were to tell you what your aura color was?" She said, "My aura color?" I said, "Yes, everyone has an aura. For most adventurers, it's fairly strong, but normal citizens have an average aura. Children who are in a God's familia have their aura increased slightly and as they grow their aura, in turn, grows with them. Your aura is virtually nonexistent and it's gold in color similar to the light of a God being returned to Heaven." She said, "W-What does that mean?!" I asked, "It means  you are special, more so than I already thought you were my darling." She said, "(y/n) did you know that I have had many children of my own over the years. All of which were born to serve in my familia with unconditional love and loyalty towards me, all except for one which for the life of me I can't remember what happened to them.  They disappeared about four years ago now." She said, "(y/n) who's familia was the first you tried to join?" She asked, "Y-Yours. For some reason, I felt drawn to it." I said, "You weren't drawn to my familia, you were instinctively drawn to..." She began to say, "Stop it. I can already tell where this is going and I don't like it. You're going to tell me that you're actually my mother in hopes that it'll make you want to join your familia. Well, it won't work I'm too smart for that!" I said confidently, "You are absolutely correct my darling. So will you come join your mother or will you stay with Hestia" She asked. 

"LADY HEPHAESTUS!" I shouted as I ran into her office, "Please help me, Lady Freya's acting weird." I said, "How weird?" She asked, "Like how Mommy gets with Bell." I said, "I see, well I'll let you hide out here on one condition. You have to tell me why you gave that sword to your mom." She said, "Are you kidding me! You've met her, I was worried that she'd do something stupid like unsealing her divinity. With Black Hole, she'll at least have an edge." I said, "You know she's probably already lost it or completely used it right." She said, "Yeah." I said. "Alright, so what's going on? Freya never gets like how you described." She said, "Well it might have something to do with her being my mother." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck, "Wait what?" She said, "I'm her son I guess." I said, "No I get that, but what I don't get is why she actually cares. You aren't the first and you most certainly will not be the last child she will have, and it's not uncommon for her children to either join her or die cold, alone, and unloved. So why are you different?" She said, "Well she did say I had a strange aura." I said, "Alright let me take a look." She said, "I get it now. Well (y/n) you're a first, especially for Freya. You are a demigod, all of her other children were born as pure humans, but not you. I was wondering how you got one of my skills now it makes a lot of sense." She said.

Freya POV

"It seems little (y/n) got away. Oh well, I guess I'll go punish the fools who wanted him dead." I said as I walked away with Ottar leaving the bloodied corpse of the man who stabbed (y/n). 'Let no one say I'm not a dedicated mother.' I thought.

Hephaestus POV

"So the five of you hired an assassin to kill (y/n)." I said, "Y...Yes, Milady!" They said, "Why." I asked, "W-We were jealous! He's some dumb kid and you act like he's the best member of your familia!" One man said, "Because he asked me to teach him. (y/n)'s good, but he's nowhere close to the best." I said, "And besides he's a demigod so killing him...is a mortal sin." I said as I walked away. 

"There, I'm so sorry my foolish children did something like that." I said, "I'm just glad someone said something to you." (y/n) said.