Chapter 3

(y/n) POV

"Ok (y/n) you've been doing  very well these past few weeks, but now I want you to forge a piece of light armor." Hephaestus said, "Consider this a pop quiz of sorts." She said, "Right!" I said, "You have till this afternoon to complete your armor." She said.

"And time's up." Hephaestus said, "Right!" I said as I finished work on my gauntlet.

" Hephaestus said, "Right!" I said as I finished work on my gauntlet

"Ok well done, I see that you have greatly improved. And you even used the material that broke off to make the emblem good job." She said, "You pass." She said, "R...Really!" I said happily, "Yep, you can go home if you want." She said, "Actually I was going to stay and work on a little side project." I said, "A side project?" She said.

"I see, so this is what you meant. So who's it for?" Hephaestus asked, "Bell, he'll never level up only fighting with a knife and a baselard, he's got no defense so I'm going to change that." I said, "Well then get to work, and maybe if it's good I might consider hiring you to forge some custom orders for me." She said, "I'll do my best!" I said as I got to work.

Over the next few days, I would tirelessly work on Bell's gift.

"It's finally done." I said, "Consider yourself hired (y/n)." She said as I engraved my name into the gift and put it into a small box.

"YOU'RE LEVEL TWO NOW!" Mommy shouted, "I...I'm home." I said, "Oh hey (y/n) did you have fun with Goddess Hephaestus today?" Bell asked, "Y...Yeah." I said as I hid my gift behind my back, "What do you have there?" Mommy asked as she took the gift, "MOMMY STOP IT!" I said, "Hmm, NOPE!" She said, "MOMMY THAT'S FOR BELL!" I said as I tried to grab the box, "This is for me?" Bell said as he took the box and opened it revealing his gift.

" I said as I hid my gift behind my back, "What do you have there?" Mommy asked as she took the gift, "MOMMY STOP IT!" I said, "Hmm, NOPE!" She said, "MOMMY THAT'S FOR BELL!" I said as I tried to grab the box, "This is for me?" Bell said as he too...

"(y/n) did you make this?" He asked, "Yeah, I wanted you to be safe." I said, "Thank you this was very thoughtful." He said, "Oh Mommy could you update my status too?" I asked, "Sure." Mommy said, "WHAT! Y...YOUR ATTACK AND DEXTERITY ARE BOTH S CLASS! AND YOU'VE GOT A SKILL!" Mommy shouted, "T...Take a look." She said, "Divine Forge." I said, "Yep, it lets you forge highly powerful weapons and armor as well as magic tools. I've only known one other person with a skill like that, and that's Hephaestus herself." She said as she rubbed my head.

"So I heard you can forge magic swords now." Hephaestus said, "Yeah, but I wanna get better with my new skill before I even attempt a magic sword, but I did design several swords last night before Mommy made me go to bed." I said.