Necessary Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Sun than slammed his cup down in pure absolute frustration.

"I don't get it! How can they just sit around and do nothing with the White Fang getting ready to attack?!"

Blake: "Because not everyone is like you and me. The Faunus here in Menagerie - the ones that weren't born on the island - moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone, and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves."

Blake scoff in really great annoyance.

Sun: "I guess I never really thought about it like that."

Blake: "The problem is, whatever happens at Haven is going to affect them whether they like it or not. If Adam gets his way and Haven falls, it's only going to make things worse for the Faunus. Everywhere."

Sun: "Adam... He's the guy you used to... work with?"

Blake than sighed with great discomfort.

Blake: "Yes."

Sun than sees Blake's discomfort, and in quickly apologized.

"Sorry, forget I brought it up."

Blake: "No, it's okay. Have you ever met someone and thought to yourself, "They are the personification of this word."

Sun than rubbing his head in utter confusion.

"Uh..."

Blake: "Okay, well, I remember getting to know Ruby and thinking, "This girl is the embodiment of "purity"." After a while, I saw Weiss was "defiance". And Yang was "strength"."

Sun: "What am I?"

Blake than smiled a kind one.

Blake: "Jury's still out on that one, but I'm leaning towards "earnest".

At this, Sun wraps his tail around his cup and takes a sip from it, before leaning on his hand affectionately. Blake giggles and smiles for bit, before frowning as she continues.

Blake: "At first I thought Adam was "justice", then I thought he was "passion". But over time, I realized I was wrong. He wasn't any of those things. He was "spite". Not "hatred", not "rage", "spite". He won't accept equality, only suffering for what he feels the world did to him, and his way of thinking is dangerously contagious. That's what worries me about Ilia. She's isn't like Adam, not in the sense, but I don't know how long that will last."

Sun: "She is your friend, huh?"

Blake: "She is. Her chameleon traits meant she could pass as human. She could've lived a normal life if she wanted, but she didn't. I always admired that. She almost lost her family in a mining accident when she was young, which could have made her join the White Fang and become bad. But Sans was able to save her family's life, and got her to join his group, which I'm grateful of. But if that were to happen, I don't know what I would she done then.

Sun: "You know we're gonna have to face Adam eventually."

Blake looked down with sadness.

Blake: "I know."

Sun: So, what are you gonna do?

Blake: I'm going to try and stop him, as he's to far gone. But with everyone, I am coming back to them, permanently."

Sun is surprised at her response.

Blake: "You showed me that sometimes you need to be there for a friend even when they don't want you to be. I was drowning in guilt and fear, I tried to push you away, but you didn't give up on me. And I can't give up on everyone. It's about time I saved my friends for once."