30, Flirty and Dying?

Start from the beginning

But, now even that wasn't enough--she wanted to touch him, smell him, kiss him and just talk to him.

  She knew that was impossible, but she felt like her dreams were taunting her.

  Exhausted from crying, Harper drifted into sleep.

  Downstairs Trintiy sat at the kitchen island contemplating her life. It seems as of lately she's been focusing more on helping her friend, then actually living her life.

Of course she wants to help her and take her out the pain she has been enduring, but it's a constant routine of depressing days and lack of sleep since she's worried about Harper constantly.

Usually she would ask Vivian for help, but she's been ignoring her calls for weeks and made it her business not to show up on Harper's door step.

To Trintiy she was being selfish and a horrible friend, but to Vivian it was her trying to keep herself sane. She felt like sitting in a house all day with Harper would do more harm then good, she knew her mind would easily slip back to the day of the accident and seeing her friends body hanging out the windshield---that point alone made it impossible to even show her face to Harper, she feels guilty in a way.

Trinity sighed, trying to ring her again but to no dismay it went straight to voicemail.

"Hey Viv I know you seen my last 10 voice mails as well as my text messages, you know I need your help with Harper. I-I can't do this without you please call me back."She spoke into the phone, finding herself getting emotional.

  She pursed her lips together trying to calm down. Placing her phone down she grabbed oats to make for Harper.

That seem to be the only thing Harper would actually eat and that was sometimes.

  Trinity wanted so badly to be here for her friend but she couldn't bare the weight ....the burden of it all.

  It was starting to mess with her mental as well as her spirit.

Whisking the oats in the pot she heard a knock at the front door. Frowning she placed the spoon down, while turning the fire on low.

  Going to the door she opened it and  was surprised to see Elijah.

Furrowing her brows, she stood there confused why he was here unannounced.

  Elijah and her had a couple of one night stands, but nothing ever serious since she was too busy helping her friend out of depression to date.

  "What's up?"she asked, not letting him in.

  He rubbed the back of his neck sighing. "I know you're busy and I'm glad you're helping her, but I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date tonight."

She raised a brow, giving him a smile that wants full.

  "I don't know about that, I have to stay here and-"

  "Can't you put yourself first just this once? Listen I like you and I know this isn't the best time to be telling you this, but that's the truth--and I would just like to take you out on a stress free date."he explained, trying to convince her.

Looking at the floor, Trinity couldn't lie and say she didn't want to go out with him, but she knew she had responsibilities. She stood there having a mental battle with herself.

Gazing up at him, "Fine I'll go."

He smiled, shock that she actually agreed to go.

  "Okay great, I'll pick you up around 7."he told her, then gave her a hug goodbye.