30, Flirty and Dying?

Chapter Seven

loy·al·ty

/ˈloiəltē/

noun

●The quality of being loyal.
●Loyalty, in general use, is a devotion and faithfulness to a nation, cause, philosophy, country, group, or person.

I tapped my finger on the dirty Starbucks table, waiting for Harper and Vivian to arrive. I agreed to apologize..to the both of them so they could attend the party with me, which is happening this afternoon.

Tara sat at my left, just as a tag along to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Truth be told, I do miss my two friends--regardless of my true intentions coming to light. I think for a moment we can all put aside the bullshit and be in each other's presence for approximately 2 hours.

I just hope everything goes smoothly and my simple ass apology will move them to come to the baby shower.

I turned watching Tara tap on her phone, most likely talking to her ex. I frowned, Tara and I are kind of on the same boat when it comes to relationships in our thirties, however she seems to be more wiser.

Her ex husband Kirk played her like a fool. He got some young girl in her early twenties pregnant, home girl came to Tara home with a paternity test and everything making a whole ass scene, resulting for my sister to file for divorce and leave his ass.

See unlike me my sister is smart when it comes to standing her ground in her relationships, it's something I envy about her.

She looked at me placing her phone down, "You ready to own up to your bullshit?"she questioned, with a raised brow.

I rolled my eyes, she always seemed to want to act like my mother. "Yes Tara I am, that's why I'm here aren't I."I spoke in a bored tone.

She made a face, "You know it's really pathetic, using your bestfriend for sex...you seem to be stuck in your colleges days sis."she said condescendingly.

I shook my head, instantly annoyed. "Tara how about you sit here and shut up, you don't know shit about anything."

She smirked, chuckling. "Well your right about that, I don't know shit. However, I do know how much of a fucked up person you can be--legit make people's lives harder then what it needs to be just to satisfy your needs."she replied, which stung a little, but before I could speak my peace Harper and Vivian came walking in.

Sighing, since I have a feeling this little apology lunch isn't going to go as smoothly as I may hope.

Harper came up first, greeting Tara and I with a small wave then sat down. As for Vivian, she just sat seeming like she didn't want to be here, which she probably doesn't.

I smiled lightly, "Um hey guys, how have y'all been?"I asked, honestly curious.

Harper spoke to the waitress ordering herself a drink before she answered.