💔8💔

Sona continuously shuffled in her bed. It was past one a.m. and yet, she couldn't find her sleep. Usually she would go to bed at ten no matter how what. But today, something stirred deeply inside her. Probably her conscience.

Her mind flickered to the conversations she had with Dev two days ago. Tomorrow was her flight and her mind was constantly reminding her of the moments they spent together in Delhi. The amount of love Dev had showered her over the past few days, severely wounded her heart. No matter how strong she appeared to be outside, she couldn't deny her own heart from the love that was blooming inside.

Yes, she was ashamed to say it. But she unknowingly fell in love with Dev.

No one had showered her with so much of love in her life. Damn, she never knew such love even existed. A love which was so pure, so adorable, so innocent and so selfless.... Despite getting hurt, pained and tortured, Dev's love was so pure that it shredded Sona's heart mercilessly.

She fell in love with that one person whom she dreaded to meet for the past two years. Her heart sunk and she felt tears dripping down her sides, drenching the pillow beneath her. She felt miserable. Her heart felt like it would explode from her chest.

How could she fall in love with him? He did not deserve this pain.... If only he knew the truth, he would never accept her back again. She knew it and hence, she did not want to hurt him. She had already caused too much agony for him.

Now that she was devastated, she decided to stop this entire drama. Her mind constantly reminded her of the promise she made.

When she reached Delhi a month ago, she was hellbent on proving that true love did not exist. She wanted to prove everyone around her that love was meant for people without brains. But she was wrong.

She expected Dev to have moved on... She thought that he would have forgotten her over the time and gotten hitched with someone else. But he didn't... He still waited for her and his eyes still looked up at her with adoration. As much as she tried pushing him away, he still did not give up on her. His love was selfless. He tried and tried till his heart had no more energy... His face grew sadder and he looked sick as days passed.

Sona's miseries increased as she saw him still keeping his hopes high. As days passed, Sona could not bear to see him getting hurt and living a life full of pain. He did not deserve that the least. She felt that it was unfair to let him suffer for a mistake that he was not even accountable for.

So, she decided to leave.

She knew that leaving this place forever was the only option left! She had no choice now. She wanted him to be happy and her absence was the only way for it.

She wiped her tears and closed her eyes, trying to erase Dev completely from her heart and mind. From now on, there was only Paris and her business she had to focus on. Nothing else!

She didn't know that the mind only displays what the heart doesn't let go

-----------------------

Dev walked to and fro and lobby, nervously waiting for Sonakshi. His palms were sweaty and his eyes constantly blinked in dismay. His throat went dry and he looked around to see everything blurred by his teary eyes.

He lost his sleep, happiness, appetite, health and every other reason to stay alive. The sparkle he had in his eyes, extinguished the minute Sona claimed that she never loved him. She refused to even acknowledge his love in the past one month.

However, what affected him the most was the difference in her behaviour. He was not hurt when she didn't recall him, but he was hurt when she spoke about their status difference. His heart dwelled in pain every time an insult came from her mouth. Her speech, her lack of compassion, her walk and even behaviours changed. Her eyes did not hold any sympathy or love.