💔5💔

Fifteen minutes had passed and none of them spoke a word. It was an awkward meet up. When she called, Dev gave no thoughts to it. He immediately agreed, but now he just didn't know what to say.

Dev stood there facing the sea while Sona was in deep thoughts. She thought of many ways on how to break the ice, but she just couldn't gather the courage back again. She was so ashamed of her own-self. The last encounter left both of them with a bitter memory.

"Dev...." She broke the silence. "There's something you wanted to tell me, right?"

Dev looked at her and gauged her expressions. Same beautiful eyes, captivating lips, pointed nose and angel-like looks. But he couldn't see himself falling for like he used to do. He could not connect with her. There was a strange and uneasy feeling arising inside him whenever he wanted to speak to her.

In the past, whenever he was with Sona, he always felt a pull towards her. She didn't even have to speak, but he will instantly be attracted to her whenever she was present.

But now, times changed.

"Yea... I hope you have the patience to listen to me this time?" he asked nervously. He calculated her every move. She was like a ticking bomb and he didn't know when she would blast. So, it was always safe to discuss their limits when she was calm.

Sona clicked her tongue in annoyance and looked at him blankly.

"Dev, look! That day, I was angry and I regret saying those words to you. I feel sorry and that's why I think I owe you something back. So today, I will give you a chance to explain yourself. I want to listen what you have to say and I will sit here until you narrate me every single thing! Deal?" she asked and he nodded his head in agreement.

Dev finally let out a sigh of relief. So now, he could explain some things to her without any interruption.

"Sona.... Actually... once you were gone to Paris, you still used to keep in touch with me for first two months." He started uncertainly. Sona could see his legs fiddling nervously and she was really curious into knowing what he had to say next.

"Okay....so?"

"You called me almost everyday and told me that you were talking to your dad about our relationship. Suddenly after the second month, you called me in a tensed state. You told me that your dad found about us and he was angry.... One week later, there was no calls or messages. I got devastated and I was so worried for you. This situation went on and on....until I decided to go to Paris myself." He uttered with a worried look.

Sona could already see how concerned he was for her state. His tone gave away the love and care he had for her. It was too hard to not believe him... Either he was a good actor or she was just too complicated to believe him.

"Did you come to Paris then?" Sona asked and saw his eyes looking up at her.

"No..... I received your call after approximately three weeks." He gulped and Sona could see his Adam's apple bobbing up and down in nervousness.

"And??"

"And you told me that you were coming back to Delhi on the next flight." The moment he said that, Sona's face paled and she dreaded his next words....

(Flashback)

"Dev..."

"Sona, oh my god. Sona what the hell yaar? Why didn't you call me? You know... I almost booked tickets to Paris and-"

"Dev stop. Listen.." she hiccupped and Dev's heart stopped.

"Sona...are you crying?" he asked shockingly. He felt so helpless and weak to hear her sorrowful wails.