💔6💔

(Flashback)

Sona was wide awake for the past three hours after their endless late-night lovemaking. The duvet was covered till her neck hiding her nakedness from the streaks of sunlight that was passing through the curtains.

Sona sighed and turned to her right to see Dev stirring in his sleep. He looked so peaceful and calm even in his sleep. She took out her fingers and caressed the creased lines on his forehead. Just as she was about to withdraw them, Dev caught her fingers.

"Keep doing it." He mumbled sleepily, making Sona's lips curve into a wide smile.

"You know..... the sun is up. Which means.... I have to go." Sona spoke softly, fearing that his grandmother next door might hear something.

"Uhuh.... And what about our second round?" he pouted, making Sona's eyes go wide.

"Excuse me mister. There's no second round. I am already getting late and you are not even fully awake!" she whined and pouted her lips.

"Nope. You will leave after having lunch, okay? I will specially cook for you." Dev tried convincing but Sona grew tensed.

"Dev, I told my aunt that I am staying at Rosie's house and will return early morning. If I don't go now, she will start suspecting me. I can't stay till lunch...pleeeeeaseee" she said, trying to lift his heavy arms from her torso.

Dev smiled and turned fully to face her. Wounding his arms around her, he pulled her closer to him. The smell of her usual honey-almond fragrance still lingered in the air. His fingers slowly crawled over her bare stomach and landed over her pelvis. Sona pressed her legs tighter as she felt the usual butterflies in the stomach when Dev drew patterns on her skin..

He scooted over and placed an open mouth kiss along her swan-like neck. Sona closed her eyes and bent her neck to his side to prevent him from going further. But that did not stop his eager lips. He slowly hovered on top of her and leniently pulled up the duvet to cover them up.

"Dev.... I have to go. You've worn me out." She wrapped her arms around him and sulked.

One look at Sona's face and his movements instantly stopped.

"What's wrong?" he cupped her face and looked into her eyes intently.

"Dev..... Whatever we are doing...Is this right?" she asked sadly and Dev's face instantly dulled. Moving away, he laid back next to her and glanced at her tensed face.

"I don't know Sona...... I don't know whether we are right or wrong. But what I know is that, I don't regret this." He said, taking her palms into his.

Sona smiled and scooted closer to him. She felt his warmth seeping into her body as he cajoled her.

"I don't regret this too, Dev. But we really need to get married. We can't keep doing this secretly..." She bit her lips and Dev smiled at her.

"Well, the groom is always ready. Looks like the bride is the one who needs more time." He teased and Sona frowned.

"Dev, come on! You know-"

"Okay... okay, don't panic sweetheart. I will wait for our marriage even if it takes ten years. But that doesn't mean you can keep my hands tied till then. If you think that marriage is the key for me to have you, then I don't agree with any of your conditions." He spoke in a warning tone, making Sona roll her eyes.

"Seriously?" she hissed. "Guys will always be guys. I can't believe you just talked about bedding me while I am speaking something so serious." She gave him an unbelievable look.