"Sona please my sweetheart, don't cry. You know that I love you a lot, don't you? What's wrong? Just tell me and I will fix it." He cooed softly, not knowing how to help her.

"Dev, I can't be here anymore. This place is so toxic. I want to be with you. I want to hug you..." She sobbed and Dev felt his heart swell in happiness. He could already imagine her pouting through the phone. He felt his lips curving into a huge smile.

"Well, I am always here for you, aren't I? Come to me.... I am waiting for you jaan." He said.

"Dev, I am coming tomorrow. Will you pick me up from the airport?" she sniffed and his eyes widened.

"Sonu, are you serious? You really booked the flight tickets?" he gasped, feeling largely elated. But a small part of him also was concerned on why she wanted to leave so quickly. She said that she would be staying five months with her father.

Now she was leaving her father in just three months? Something was fishy, but Dev decided not to dwell in it.

"Dev, I will tell you everything later. Will you pick me up from the airport?" she asked and Dev smiled.

"Of course, babydoll! I am looking forward. What's more important than picking you up, huh?" he joked and heard a small chuckle from the other side.

"Dev, I also have another news for you."

"What news?" this time Dev panicked a little, but Sona just laughed.

"Don't worry. All is good... it's a good news. I will tell you that once I see you tomorrow morning. Okay? Until then don't call me." She whispered the last sentence and Dev quickly understood.

"Sure baby. Bye!" he had never been so happy in his life...

But probably that was his last day of happiness, because Sona never came the next day.

(Flashback ends)

"What?" Sonakshi's heart felt like it had gone for a race. It was thudding so fast against her chest that she had to breathe harder to support the blood supply.

"Yes, the next day when I waited for you.... You did not come to Delhi at all. I even checked with the airport staffs. The flight which landed from Paris initially had Sona's name registered in it. But they informed that the passenger never took the flight. I was so...... so paranoid. I couldn't even understand what went wrong. I tried calling your number after that, but it was dead. I even tried calling the landline in Paris, but no one took the phone." Dev said with a sad face.

His grieve was beyond imaginable. She could already feel depressed by his reactions...

"I guess that's the day I-"

"Met with an accident. Yes....... That's what I think so too." He finished for her. Sona looked at him wide-eyed.

"Why are you telling me all these Dev? Are you trying to help me recall or-"

"I don't know....but I feel like....." he sighed and wetted his lips nervously. "That day, you wanted to tell me something important. I wanted to know if you could at least vaguely guess what it might be about?" he said hopefully,

There was a tinge of hope that she saw in his eyes. He was trying his best to make her feel something, but all Sona felt was the rising pressure. She felt sympathetic on Dev.... She could not feel his agony or pain. She felt so disconnected.

Damn, she could not even relate to his grieve. How can a person grieve over a handful days of love? Love did not exist. Only lust existed.... Or that's what she had always believed. She refused to believe that a man could stay in a memory of a girl for so long...