Beggar? Cheap rascal?

How easily she had shouted profanities at him? He felt like he was killed in that place itself.

She wasn't his Sonakshi. His Sonakshi had a heart of gold. He had never seen Sona's anger even in her worst state. She had never lost her temper in the three years they dated. What happened to her? Was he living a false life with her all this while? Was she always this kind of person? Had she acted with him all these days?

A lone tear slipped out of his eyes as he looked down and turned behind.

As he took every step towards the road, a painful memory flashed past him.

(Flashback)

"Sona.... I am busy. Can I call you later?" he whispered over to her in the phone.

"Dev, listen. But I want to meet you now. I am missing you like crazy-"

"But we just secretly met last night! Did you forget that it's been only three hours since we haven't seen each other?" Dev's mouth opened wide.

"So what? I am already missing you. I am waiting for you outside your office."

"Don't you have any other job to do?" Dev left a huge sigh.

"Of course not! What can be more important than you?" she said like it was the obvious.

"You have a job Sona. You are always not going to work because of me. What will happen when your father asks what you are earning? What will you tell him then?" Dev shook his head, hearing her giggles.

"I will tell him that I am going to marry a very rich man and I don't have to work anymore." She said softly. Dev smiled and leaned down against the pantry counter. He was truly amazed at how happy she sounded.

"Seriously? Rich man...and me?" Dev asked curiously.

"Yes. To me you are the richest man I could ever find in this world. Someone's whose love is worth millions of dollars.... I don't think I can ever afford that in my life."

"Uhuh...really?"

"Yes. To me, a rich man without a character is just a poor man with money." She said. Dev could sense the smile behind her words.

It took him two minutes to actually understand what she said. She called him rich because of his character. She valued his presence and personality more than his money. Just that mere thought of her words, made him feel so many emotions for her.

The main emotion being love

"I don't know what's rich Sona.... But I know that I am now definitely the richest because I could afford the world's most valuable possession. Your beautiful heart and your precious love. Your love is the most priceless asset to me Sona that I would never want to lose. If you are with me, I will forever stay rich." He chuckled.

(Flashback ends)

Dev sat at a tea stall and drank his cup of tea. He was so depressed that he started having a migraine. He could not even continue his journey back home. It felt saddening to think that the Sona who loved him so much was embarrassing him without a tinge of guilt. She was behaving like a monster.

He refused to accept that she was his Sona. He was so heartbroken that even the migraine seemed lesser compared to his inner agony.

"What will I do now?" he clutched his hair and spoke with despair. The people around him looked at him weirdly. Dev realised how much Sona's words were affecting his future. He was spoiling his life thinking about her.

Already two years were wasted. His work, his routines, his life.... everything was at stake. He could not focus on his work any longer. His health was also worsening. Was fighting with Sona worth taking all this risk? He could always forget her and move on with another woman. But that option made his heart tear apart.

His heart ached whenever he thought of that possibility. He was so attached to Sona emotionally that thinking about another woman felt like a betrayal. Sona was present everywhere he went. Every single place he walked by, she was there smiling at him. Her eyes had love, colours and hope....

The same hope that gave him strength all these days.

But now, he was scared to see those eyes again. It demeaned him and showed him only negativity. Those eyes sucked out his love slowly and painfully. He had never experienced such a toxic moment in life. He understood that she was talking out of frustration. He knew that she went through a memory loss and was taking her own time to cute. But talking about his status was a low blow.

He expected anything but that.

How could Sona change so drastically?

------------------

Sona was mortified. She never meant to speak so badly to him, but it just came out of anger. She was just so enraged seeing him outside her house. How many times had she chased him away? Yet, he came there standing there again.

"Are you happy now?" her aunt's voice made her click her tongue in annoyance.

"Not now please.... I just want to stay alone." She retorted.

Looking at the ground, she went back to her thoughts again. She was sure that Dev wouldn't bug her again. But he surprised her all over again.

A painful feeling nagged at the back of her head. She was a heartless person.... It wasn't new to her. She had heard many people tell it to her back in Paris. She was not the type who would give face to people. She was a strict and bold person. But she was surprised when Dev was not fazed by her cold avatar.

He was trying to win her with his love and now, it was slowly having an effect on her.

She sat down on her armchair with her hands buried in her hair. She felt so guilty. For the first time, the look in someone's eyes affected her. Her heart felt like it was dead from her insides. She felt so detached from humanity.

When Dev left her house, the look in his eyes almost burnt her into ashes. He did not even utter a single word. Yet, his eyes spoke volumes.

This was the first time she had hurt someone who truly loved her. Someone who really gave her his heart. She was giving him pain and embarrassment. She truly felt ashamed at her own acts. What the hell was she doing?

She wasn't a human at all. She lost the humanity inside her the minute she entered India back again.

Taking the phone in her table, she clenched her eyes shut. She felt bad.... She ignored her pride and typed the message with shivering fingers.

I am sorry. Shouldn't have shouted at you like that.... If there's anything important you have to tell me, please meet me at the beach near the garden. – Sona

*************

What do you think will happen?