Sona always felt overwhelmed when he spoke. There was always something about the words he chose. He always had her at the tip of his fingers. Smiling to herself, she got up and folded her arms infront of him.

"But you know what? This place means the world to me Dev... because it gave me a wonderful partner. This place showed me my true love....my soul and my heart." She stretched her palms while Dev caught it.

"Awwww. So what's next? Marriage?" he winked and Sona blushed.

"You know what? I have decided, Dev... I am going to go Paris and tell my dad that I have found the world's most charming lover ever. I don't care what he's going to say..... whether he agrees or not, is his problem. But the next thing I am going to do is, come running into your arms in this same park! And we will unite in this same place if destiny allows us." She grinned brightly and hugged him tightly.

Dev was taken by surprise with the sudden hug. His lips curved into a smile and he slowly brought his hands and wrapped them around her petite frame.

"You are crazy" he chuckled.

(Flashback ends)

"I am sorry Dev.... But I don't remember a single thing that happened here." Sona said bluntly and Dev just showed a poker face.

Turning towards the swing, he just looked at it longingly.

Lots of things had changed ever since Sona went to Paris. When she didn't return for two years, Dev almost lost hope. He was in the verge of death. He lost everyone he had in life. He only had his sick grandmother to take care, but even she was dead.

Living in that hurt, turned Dev so weak and vulnerable. He would always scream his pain out at night. Walking alone at the beach sides, he would always think what he did to deserve this pain. Loneliness was a disease. It was like a slow poison that was killing him.

But when he received the letter that Sona was returning back, he felt like life was blown back inside him. Her arrival gave him hope. It provided him with light in his dark world. Seeing her was a dream for him.

But life had different plans.

When Sona arrived to Delhi, she did not recognise Dev. She was not the same person whom he was used to seeing. She curled her hairs and dyed them with chocolate-brown colour. She kept her distance a lot from Dev and most importantly, she looked at him like he disgusted her.

The mere presence of Dev was irritating her. If looks could kill, Dev would have died the second Sona glared at him at the airport.

He never expected her to change so much.

Yes, she said that she met with an accident and forgot her memories in Paris. But the was no way he could convince his heart to go through that. There was no way she could forget him like that. She used to say that he was a part of her heart.

Then why didn't her heart recognise him?

Why didn't her eyes recognise the love and longing he had for her? Was their love a dream?

Dev was losing hope every single day. He almost begged her to believe him, but she refused to even give him a chance. She ignored him and walked away when he came to pick her up at the airport.

Sona pitied Dev.... She could not see why this man was so desperate to make her remember him. She understood that he loved her. But past is past and she had completely erased him from her memories. If destiny has written it for them, why wasn't he accepting it?

She just couldn't believe this man. He was stubborn and hell bent on showing her memories. But part of her felt sad. She wanted to give his efforts a try. She wanted to see what are the things she used experience while she was in Delhi?

Did she love him unconditionally? Did something major happen between them? What else did they do, that she needed to recall?

"Dev?" she called reluctantly.

"It's okay Sona.... I was just......trying" He turned around and smiled at her widely. However, Sona could see that his smile didn't reach his eyes. He was in so much pain.

"Look Dev.... I understand that it was a place important for you-"

"No Sona. Look there..." he pointed to a place far away and saw a tombstone resting there. Sona's eyes widened and her face paled a little.

"W-what's that?"

"That tomb was created in this place one year ago....... You know how upsetting it was for me. In fact you loved this place more than me. Now look.... They are slowly going to make it a graveyard" he pouted while Sona gritted angrily.

She just didn't know why his words frustrated her. But she could not connect with him. She felt so forced to be hanging out with him. His love, emotions and care felt infuriating for her. She just shrugged casually and sighed. His actions or emotions did not bother her. Not even a bit.

"Look here Dev. I may sound heartless to you now. But let me tell you something....we may have done some stupid things here. But it's not as important to me like you think. If it did, something would have sparked my mind. But nothing did.....so I would suggest that you stop thinking about the past and move on with your life. After all, you are good looking and you have great spirit. Why are you still waiting for something that doesn't happen?" she huffed in dismay.

Dev felt his heartbeat escalating with every word she said.

"Sonu please...."

"Don't call me Sonu, for the bloody last time!" she spat angrily and shoved her hands up to stop him from moving closer.

"Look Dev.... This place is so damn childish. How old are you to play with this stupid swings? Five years old? But please don't call me here anymore. If there's nothing important, I am leaving. And don't call me again for such unnecessary visits. Understood?" she spelled out her words angrily and left the place.

Dev just stood there with his hands to his side. He felt emotionally bankrupt. He could not feel a particular type of emotion. He felt insulted. He felt like she just disrespected their love... She did not give a damn about his feelings. When she spoke, she had a powerful eye contact with him.

The Sonakshi whom he loved never spoke to him like that. Even when she was just a mere friend, she spoke to him with her sweetly melodious tone which dripped like honey in his ears. But the image of Sona he saw now broke his heart. She turned into a nightmare which he could never erase from his brain.

He felt the desperate urge to give up on her. But the mellow voice on his head stopped him.

"Never give up on me Dev.....for I will never give up on you even during my death"

****************

Special thanks to @tanishma who worked hard to make that beautiful cover for me! Please do support her books.

And if you like my story, vote for it in Inkitt. I have uploaded till chapter 6 there :)