Chapter II

The struggle is real. After discussing a pretty awesome, smart plan that would kick butt and you wanted to unleash it immediately, you forget to handle your other responsibilities.

Like picking your siblings up from school.

Truth was, our big pack didn't have a school. I was so busy with instituting a defense and force within our community, to protect the heat against us, that it never came up in our meetings.

Most of the parents would homeschool their pups; they at least understood the work I was slaving away at. Since things slip my mind so often, I guess I better start putting it forward.

I sent my two siblings, Chase and Mila to a human school, just across the forest. I made sure it was a very big institution so they wouldn't be likely to be noticed.

Though they were only four and five years of age, I had to tell them they needed to understand to keep their identities hidden. I was so lucky to have them, I know they would do anything for me.

It would be easy now to not show that they were werewolves. However, once they came in contact with their wolves, what would happen then? I couldn't think that far. Hopefully, a pack school would be established by then.

"Hey! This is a time I can FINALLY be let out." My wolf, Felicia said.

"No, it's risky. We're right near humans."

"Okay...just let yourself be late!"

I rolled my eyes then shoved a piece of bread into my mouth as I ran to the edge of the forest. I threw my clothes on the ground and shifted to my wolf. I was bigger than average and I had auburn fur.

"Happy now?" I grabbed my clothes with my mouth.

Felicia yipped in delight and ran at a fast rate. We loved the feeling of air blowing through our hair. We skipped puddles and jumped over logs as we finally reached the end of the forest, right behind the line of trees.

I shifted into my human self and ran to the public school...right into the teacher.

Mr. Dale was a new teacher that was co-assigned to my sibling's main one. He was extremely handsome with slick brown hair and laughing blue eyes. Somehow, he always managed to rock a bowtie. Almost any girl oggled him. Including me. I had a tiny crush on him and was blessed to have him as my sibling's co. What's better was that he was only a couple of years older than me!

"Oh! Sorry!" I laughed nervously, a blush rising to my cheeks.

"That's alright. How are you?" The man smiled down at me.

"I'm good, Mr. Dale! Just came to pick up Chase and Mila."

"Please, remember to call me Dan. I think they're in the back playground. How are the paintings going along?

Paintings? Oh right, paintings! I learned he had liked art so I told him as a hobby, I was an artist. I mean, it wasn't completely a lie. I drew with Mila all the time!

"They're going great! My imagination is just flowing and the paint is just vivid and I'm just working with the canvas and...yeah..." I spewed out whatever the heck my mind was saying.

"That was terrible. I wanna throw up." Felice decided to comment.

"Shut up, I know." I retorted.

"Anyway, always nice to see you Isla. You remind me of my little sister back home in Ohio. Always creative." He smiled and ruffled my hair as he walked out, bag in hand.

Well, it's not always nice to hear your crush think of you as his little sister, but hey, at least he thought I was close to him?

"ISLAAAA!" Two little voices snapped me out of my thoughts and two little bodies ran into me and hugged my legs.

Chase, who was five, had blonde, almost white hair with blue eyes and a cute little mature look to him. Mila was four and had brown curls with hazel eyes and a little chubby face. These two always brought me out of my Alpha position I upheld to just being a big sister.

I knelt down to their level and kissed the top of their heads. "How are you loves? Did you have a good day at school?" I asked, picking them up.

"Yes, I drew a picture of a wolf, just like me!" Chase said happily.

I bit my lip. I knew they were kids but there was so much risk of there being other pups from other packs here. Anything could happen to the two if another pack knew about their attendance. "Now remember, what did we say?"

"The song, Chase!! Wolfies are great, wolfies are great, but we don't talk about it so they don't get hate." Mila sang, clapping her hands. "I drew a truck. Trucks are cool."

I smiled at her then nuzzled Chase who looked crestfallen, like he did something terrible. "It's alright baby, I'm not mad. I bet the picture looks amazing. We'll hang it up on the fridge, okay?"

We reached our borders and I put them down, to let them run ahead. A warrior who was guarding the borders bowed a little.

"Greetings, Alpha. The children look as lively as ever." She smiled a bit at me, watching them run off towards the cabin.

"They always are. Any alerts?" I asked, returning to my stiff position.

"None yet. We have warriors around the clock, Alpha. We won't let our guard down until your plan has been released."

"Thank you for your hard work. Switch at nine." I smiled at her and turned to go home. I ran a hand through my curls and sighed. It was going to be a long day tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~