Rescuing Bucky

Katelyn's POV

We're on the plane with Howard Stark flying it as Peggy shows Steve and I a map. Bella is laying beside me. "The HYDRA camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind" she explains pointing to a spot on the map.

"We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep" Stark says.

"Just get us as close as you can" I tell him as I check Bella's vest.

"You know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab" Steve states.

"And you won't?" Peggy asks us.

"Where we're goin', if anybody yells at us I can just shoot 'em" Steve states.

"And I can sick Bella on them" I add smirking.

"They'll shoot back" Peggy tells us.

"Well, let's hope it's good for something" Steve says tapping his shield.

"Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late night fondue" Stark tells her. I roll my eyes and strap Bella to me before getting my parachute on. Steve is also putting his on.

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him" Peggy tells us.

"So are you two...? Do you...? Fondue?" Steve asks rambling and I giggle.

Peggy ignore his rambling. "This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you" Peggy explains handing it to Steve.

"I'll take that" I state taking it and placing it in my pocket.

"Are you sure this thing works?" Steve asks Howard.

"It's been tested more than you, pal" Stark assures us. Our plane starts to get attacked and Steve opens the door. I check Bella harness is secured to me.

"Get back here! We're taking you all the way in" Peggy tells him.

"As soon as I'm free, you turn this thing around and get the hell outta here!" Steve orders her.

"You can't give me orders" Peggy retorts.

"The hell he can't, he's a captain" I tell her smiling. Steve jumps out and I quickly follow him with Bella. "Whoa ho!" I shout and Steve laughs. I could get used to this, I feel so free. We land safely after opening our parachutes and then make our way through the woods. We find a HYDRA truck and snuck onto it. We find two guards and take them out.

We then relax on the ride to the factory checking our weapons. I make sure Bella's vest is secured again, wanting her to be as protected as possible. "You sure you're both are up for this?" Steve asks me quietly.

"Yes, we have to save Bucky and the others" I tell him.

"You like him, don't you?" he asks me smiling gently.

"You like Peggy" I shoot back smiling. "Besides he only sees me as a sister" I sigh as I pat Bella's head.

"If you guys ever got together, I'd support it. He's a great guy" he tells me. I smile leaning my head on his shoulder. We reached the factory and sneak through the base.

Soon we find the cells with the captured American soldiers. "Who are you two suppose to be?" a man asks.

"Captain America" Steve answers.

"Miss America and Canine America" I add as Bella joins us.

"I beg your pardon?" another man asks. Steve lets them out and Bella barks looking at another cell. I go to it to see Japanese man inside and I let him out.

"What, are we taking everybody?" the first man asks me.

"I'm from Fresno, Ace" the Japanese says waving his tags.

"Is this everyone? Is there anyone else?" Steve asks the soldiers.

"We're looking for a Sergeant James Barnes" I state.

"There's an isolation ward in the factory, but no one's ever come back from it" the second man explains.

"All right. The tree line is northwest, 80 yards past the gate. Get out fast and give 'em hell. We'll meet you guys in the clearing with anybody else we find" Steve explains.

"Bella, go and protect" I tell her pointing to the men.

"Wait! You know what you're doin'?" the first man asks us.

"Yeah, we took out Adolf Hitler a hundred times" I tell him smirking. Steve and I take off heading for the isolation ward. Leaving Bella to protect the soldiers and ensure they get out safely.

"Personally, I wish you went with them" Steve tells me.

"Like Bucky always says, we're together till the end of the line" I tell him smiling.

"Always" he says. We find the lab and Bucky strapped to a table. "Bucky? Oh, my God" Steve says unstrapping him and I help him stand.

"Is that?" Bucky asks weakly.

"It's us" I tell him smiling.

"Steve and Katelyn" Steve states. "Come on" he tells us.

"I thought you were dead" I say as I hold Bucky close helping him walk.

"I thought Steve was shorter" he mumbles and I smile. "And you were thinner" he adds. "What happened to you both?" he asks me.

"We joined the army" I tell him honestly.

"Did it hurt?" he asks us.

"A little" Steve answers. Wrong, it hurt like hell.

"Is it permanent?" Bucky asks us as we reach a large room.

"So far" we answer. We see Schmidt and a doctor on the opposite side of the room.

"Captain and Miss America! How exciting! I'm a great fan of your films. So Dr. Erskine managed it after all. Not exactly an improvement, but still impressive" Schmidt says. Steve and I punch him.

"You have no idea" we tells him firmly.

"Haven't I?" he asks and tries to punch me. But Steve blocks it with his shield and they start to fight. The doctor pulls a lever and the catwalk they're on starts to separate. I grab Steve with Bucky and we pull him back to us. "No matter what lies Erskine told you, you see I was his greatest success" he states. He peels the skin off of his face to reveal a red skull.

"You both don't have one of those do you?" Bucky asks me.

"No, thank god" I tell him smiling.

"You are deluded, Captain. You and the woman pretend to be a simple soldiers, but in reality you are both just afraid to admit that we have left humanity behind. Unlike you, I embrace it proudly. Without fear" Schmidt states.

"Really? Then how come you're running away?" I ask him. He doesn't answer escaping with the doctor.

"Come on, lets go" Steve says putting Bucky's arm over his shoulder. Beneath us everything is on fire, we have to reach the other side of the room over a thin gantry. "Let's go, single fill. One at a time" Steve instructs.

"I'll go first, Bucky you follow me" I state and get onto the thin gantry. When I'm halfway across Bucky joins me. I reach the other-side safely and turn to help Bucky over the railing. The gantry collapses behind him. "Steve!" I shout in worry as Bucky holds me back.

"Gotta be a rope or something!" Bucky shouts.

"Just go! Get Katelyn out of here!" Steve shouts.

"Not without you!" I shout close to tears. I can't lose my big brother. Steve steps back and takes off running. Then jumps the firey chasm.

A/N

Picture above of the red skull and on the external link of Steve with Bucky.