Chapter 56

Anika is getting ready in her room.She has sat in front of the dressing table,wearing bangles.She is looking absent-minded.
While wearing,unknowingly she forces one bangle into her hand,as a result,it leaves a bruise in her skin.

Anika closes her eyes feeling the sharp pain.Right that moment phone rings.She picks up-

A:  I am almost ready.....Okay,will meet you there.......She hangs up.

Leaving the chair she stands up.Taking a deep breath she says in her mind-

"Come on Anika,control yourself.Why are you getting so nervous?Was Shivaay surprised finding me in the award function?
He was looking at me like.............How is he doing?Could not ask anything.He did not even bother to call me once or contact me,in these three months!(She says in a complaining tone)

If he comes in front of me in today's party na,I will take his class,yes!What is all this am I thinking?What Shivaay would think about me if I.........No matter what,nothing should go wrong in the party.Tu kuch gadbar nahi kar sakthi Anika.............."

Anika's heart starts beating at a faster rate.Before leaving she checks herself one last time in the mirror then goes out.

Party Area
_________

Celebration of 50th anniversary of the event has started.Guests are coming one by one.Motel's lawn is lavishly decorated for the party.
Different types of flowers have been used along with water fountains,decorative lighting.Fire-works are getting seen up above the sky,time to time.Banquet is laid at one side,music band is playing music on their instrument,waiters are circling round with drinks.............In short,it has everything that a posh party would and should have.

Shivaay comes there with Tia.As soon as they turn up,people start crowding them around.Most of them is aware of his and Tia's alliance and few of them about Anika and his broken alliance(thanks to all gossiping tongue)

Shivaay manages the enthusiastic crowd and their questions in answering smile and nodding.Looking at Tia,she seems unaffected as she used to all these affectionate torture-appears to be.

As they are exchanging talks,one of Shivaay's business associates\friends comes and takes him away with him from the crowd.Both of them engage in a hearty conversation.Drinks get served to them.Shivaay is about to drink but stops feeling something then looks at his right side-

Anika is coming who has draped herself in a royal purple colour designer chiffon saree with puffed knot blouse.Square-cut diamond earrings,pendant,couple of bangles are shinning on her.Open hairs are gathered over the right shoulder which are curly at the end.Smokey eyes are reflecting something mysterious as she walks slowly,replying to  everyone's greetings on the way.

Shivaay does not realize when he has put down his drink and got busy at staring her,completely while a sweet smile lingers in his lips.
There Anika too spots him and stops immediately.They are looking straight at each other.
Evening breeze is making Anika's saree's pallu to fly around and Shivaay's eyes enjoy the mesmerizing beauty.

"Marhami Sa Chaand Hai Tu
Diljala Sa Main Andhera
Ek Dooje Ke Liye Hain
Neend Meri Khwaab Tera

Tu Ghata Hai Puhaar Ki
Main Ghadi Intezaar Ki
Apna Milna Likha Issi Baras Hai Na

Jo Meri Manzilon Ko Jaati Hai
Tere Naam Ki Koi Sadak Hai Na
Jo Mere Dil Ko Dil Banati Hai
Tere Naam Ki Koi Dhadak Hai Na........."