| EPILOGUE |

Three years later.

Even after almost four years of waking up snuggled into Clay I still love it.

I smile to myself and snuggle deeper into his chest making him chuckle underneath me. "Good morning." He mumbles wrapping an arm around my waist. "Shh. Sleeping." I mumble back.

"We can't be late on our first day of senior year." He laughs tickling my ribs. "But the alarm hasn't even gone off." I groan rolling onto my back.

"June will kill us both if we don't meet her before class."

I groan knowing Clays right. June threatened the shit out of us that we have to meet for breakfast because apparently seeing us every day isn't good enough.

Thirty minutes later Clay and I walk into the best cafe on campus and see June waving her arms to get our attention at the back of the room.

"Hey June Bug." I smile giving her a quick hug and sliding into a free seat. "Hey Kenzie Bear!" She squeals pushing over muffins and coffee she obviously ordered for us all.

"How's Dave the Douche?" Clay smirks taking a sip of his drink. "Yeah, yeah he's great. Wants to talk to me later today. What I really want to know is what the ring looks like!" She squeals grabbing a hold of my left hand and pulling it to her face.

"My daisy ring?" I ask confused. She's seen my ring heaps and knows what it looks like. Clay groans and puts his head on the table and June's eyes widen and her cheeks flush. "Yeah. I thought you got it cleaned." She says dropping my hand and avoiding eye contact.

"Okay?" I draw out looking between June and Clay who seem to be having an argument with their eyes. "Anyone heard from Brad?" I ask changing the subject.

Brad moved to New England to follow his dream of becoming a patriot. He and Dee break up every other week but this time they've been apart for the whole summer and seems pretty permanent.

"Back to his old man whore ways." June sighs finally tearing her eyes away from Clays. "What's with you two?" I question not liking that I'm left out of whatever their conversation is.

"Nothing!" They both answer at the same time a little too quickly. "Right." I snort crossing my arms and glaring at them both. "I'll tell you tonight." Clay smiles squeezing my thigh. "You better." I warn.

***

"Kenzie! Clay!" June's voice screams across the quad that same afternoon. I look up and see her running towards us dragging a confused looking Dave with her. "Yeah?" I ask when they stop in front of us panting.

"Tell them what you just asked me." She demands to Dave. "I asked if she'd ever heard of Underground." He states clearly confused. "And." She drawls out waiting for him to continue.

"I asked if she knew who The Killer was."

"And."

"And I don't believe she ever went to a fight." Dave rolls his eyes while June gives him a death glare. "She's been to fights before." Clay smirks nudging me with his elbow. "In fact she dated a fighter before." I add with my own smirk.

"What?" Dave's head snaps to June who is blushing looking at her feet. When she left for college her and Connor tried to make long distance work but eventually called it quits. Personally I don't think she ever got over him.

"Who?" He demands. "The Killer?" He continues when she doesn't answer. "Ew no!" She screeches fake gagging. "I thought he was rather cute." I wink. "You would." June snorts.

"Any way tell them what else you said."

"Apparently a couple of the fighters are coming here and are fighting tonight."