| TWENTY |

Dinner was pizza. We sit in the lounge watching tv and eating when dad asks Clay where he was training. I widen my eyes at him and glance at Logan who is looking at dad as well. "Above Ground. Uncle Tony owns it too." Clay answers not bothering about Logan. "Wait, Above Ground." Logan butts in raising a hand up.

"Yeah." Clay nods. "But that place is only for fighters in undergr-never mind." He mumbles spinning to face the tv. "You know?" I gasp. "Know what?" He asks not looking at me. "He confessed to me about Connor on Saturday and wants to go with Hayden next week." Dad explains.

"I did what?" Logan yells. "And your love for Emmy." Clay smirks. "Oh shit." Logan groans. "How the hell do you know about Underground?" Logan accuses pointing a finger at me. "I've been going since last year." I say sticking my tongue out him. "Are you a fighter?" Logan asks Clay ignoring me.

"Yeah." He nods. "Which one are you? Phoenix? Zombie?" Logan asks with excited eyes. "Killer." Logans eyes widen as he jumps off the sofa. "No fucking way!" He yells. "You even called him Killer on Saturday." Dad adds with a smirk. "But I believe you called him the pussy killer." Dad says trying to keep a straight face.

"I heard you were going to beat The Rippers win streak!"

"Look like it." Clay nods sending my dad an awkward look. "I heard that you had to be pulled off Slaughter last week is that true?" Logan asks looking like a kid at Christmas. "Yeah." He mumbles blushing. "Damn I wish I was there." He mutters

"The Ripper was there." I say giving dad a pointed look. "What? Connor didn't tell us that!" Logan exclaims. "He was a little fan girl along with Mr Jones, you know the sub?" I add. "Mr Jones is a fighter too?" Logan says in shock.

"You'd be surprised who are fighters."

"Kenzie." Dad warns, I just shrug and stare at him trying to get him to open up to Logan since he knows. Dad rolls his eyes at me. "Logan I have something to tell you." Dad says before launching in and telling him the same story he told me last week.

"What the fuck? My dad's The Ripper and my sister's boyfriend is The Killer." Logan says shaking his head. I feel my body freeze at the word boyfriend. Is Clay my boyfriend? I mean we both admitted we liked each other but never talked about being boyfriend girlfriend.

"Can I go?" Logan asks dad breaking me out of my thoughts. "I guess. Just make sure you stay with Clay and Kenzie or Connor." Dad agrees reluctantly. "Fuck yes! I need to go ring Hayden!" He yells before running off. "I don't want to babysit him." I groan throwing my head back. "You'll be fine." Dad laughs before his phone rings and he leaves to answer it.

"I can't believe you told him you were The Killer." I smile at Clay pushing my feet under his butt to keep my toes warm. "He thought I was Phil or Zach I can't have him thinking I'm a shitty fighter could I?" He jokes resting his arm on my knees. "Can I ask you something?" He asks tapping his fingers on me gently looking nervous.

"Sure."

"Why'd you get all weird when Logan called me your boyfriend?" He mumbles. "Are you my boyfriend?" I counter. "Well I thought I was." He mutters hanging his head. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I smirk wriggling my toes so he looks at me. "What?" He asks raising his eyebrows.

"You never asked me to be your girlfriend." I point out. "Oh." Clay says as if he realises now we never talked about it. "I guess so." He continues with a small smile. "Then I guess I'll be your girlfriend." I smile leaning forward to give him a kiss. I pull away quickly when I hear my dad comes back in.

"I've got to go into the station. Clay can you stay with Kenzie and Logan tonight please?" Dad asks looking stressed. "Don't leave the house. Until I get home. Even if that means missing school tomorrow alright? And under no circumstances open the door." Dad says serious. "What's happened?" I ask my heart beating in my chest. "I can't say yet. I'll ring your parents." Dad says to Clay before leaving. "What's going on?" I ask to Clay who looks just as confused as I do.